2003 Z71 trying to rid all electrical probs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyconque

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2003 z71 thats getting the motor pulled currently, putting the same motor but from a 2002, so obviously the bcm doesnt match... unfortunate because im having lots of electrical probs.... it rains in the truck, or used to, from the windshield down the firewall... my cluster just freaks out, the message board will stay lit up whenever it wants, my rear tail lamps only do running light, heated seats freak out, on/of/on/off, the air conditioning stays blowing full blast if i put the ac blower fuse in....should i purchase a vin flashed bcm to fix all this or what? i do this for a living, so give it to me straight. i just dont wanna throw uneccesary $ at it that i already dont have. thanks guys

also i have access to a scanner and directechs

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id start with checking cleaning remounting all the grounds. add couple maybe before buying a new bcm.

and the bcm has zero to do with the engine. thats the pcm. and i dont think the engine will miss a beat running off the current tune the 03 has. just make sure all the sensors are the same plugs. if not you might have to swap em over from the old engine if need be.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already starting to receive sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaync