The EBCM Nightmare, & how to get the module programmed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

Reaction score
I'm going to check the grounds on the driver side body mount tomorrow and clean them off, apparently that's where the EBCM grounds itself. I'm still thinking either this EBCM is faulty internally or it needs to be programmed.

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

Reaction score
@Doubeleive do you have a link to your specific MDI2 passthrough, that way we can troubleshoot any issues I have a long the way.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive do you have a link to your specific MDI2 passthrough, that way we can troubleshoot any issues I have a long the way.
here is a link to a mdi2, which seems to be the "easiest" to use. it is a clone but should accept the bosch software updates to work with techline for programming.
then there is the vcx nano which can be a royal pita to get up and running, but it also comes with tech2win and gds2 software both of which are hacked so you don't have to pay exhorbirant fee's (for diagnostic purposes) and getting it to work for techline programming can be very hard as the vcx will need to be updated often it seems to be a battle between gm and the hackers, gm fixing loopholes and the hackers finding new ones. if you get a vcx I recomend use a laptop dedicated to just using it for the car because you have to turn all the windows security off to install the software because it is hacked and windows see's it as a virus which it most likely also has but that's the only way to get it installed because the windows files have to be changed there is no other way around it. so just don't be signing into your bank or something if you have that installed lol

then you get into more pricier stuff like a mongoose plus, autemaxi flash, etc those are in the $500+ range they are more legit type products but may not be worth the extra cost, just depends on your needs
or a autel maxiflash

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

Reaction score
here is a link to a mdi2, which seems to be the "easiest" to use. it is a clone but should accept the bosch software updates to work with techline for programming.
then there is the vcx nano which can be a royal pita to get up and running, but it also comes with tech2win and gds2 software both of which are hacked so you don't have to pay exhorbirant fee's (for diagnostic purposes) and getting it to work for techline programming can be very hard as the vcx will need to be updated often it seems to be a battle between gm and the hackers, gm fixing loopholes and the hackers finding new ones. if you get a vcx I recomend use a laptop dedicated to just using it for the car because you have to turn all the windows security off to install the software because it is hacked and windows see's it as a virus which it most likely also has but that's the only way to get it installed because the windows files have to be changed there is no other way around it. so just don't be signing into your bank or something if you have that installed lol

then you get into more pricier stuff like a mongoose plus, autemaxi flash, etc those are in the $500+ range they are more legit type products but may not be worth the extra cost, just depends on your needs
or a autel maxiflash
I'm gonna pick up the eBay right now, but I may look into that Autel maxiflash for myself eventually, does that one operate the same as this MDI2 clone?

I'm going to pickup a laptop specifically for this kind of stuff, probably a cheap Thinkpad with windows 10.

All I need to do is download the software from AcDelco TPS or Bosch?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna pick up the eBay right now, but I may look into that Autel maxiflash for myself eventually, does that one operate the same as this MDI2 clone?

I'm going to pickup a laptop specifically for this kind of stuff, probably a cheap Thinkpad with windows 10.

All I need to do is download the software from AcDelco TPS or Bosch?
You will want the Bosch mdi manager software it's a free download legit. When you pay for the vin programming then it will send you to a download And that one has to be ran as admin even the browser. It may take several tries even then to get it fully installed. Once that is done and you are ready to program I recommend hooking a battery charger to the battery while programming just to be on the safe side and have your laptop plugged in as well.

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

Reaction score
You will want the Bosch mdi manager software it's a free download legit. When you pay for the vin programming then it will send you to a download And that one has to be ran as admin even the browser. It may take several tries even then to get it fully installed. Once that is done and you are ready to program I recommend hooking a battery charger to the battery while programming just to be on the safe side and have your laptop plugged in as well.
10-4 just ordered the MDI2 clone linked above, I think I'm gonna hit some Goodwill's for a cheap laptop today. Should be here Monday so I'll probably get back with you when If I can't get it programmed.

I'll write up a summary in this thread too that way 5 years from now someone can find the information.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10-4 just ordered the MDI2 clone linked above, I think I'm gonna hit some Goodwill's for a cheap laptop today. Should be here Monday so I'll probably get back with you when If I can't get it programmed.

I'll write up a summary in this thread too that way 5 years from now someone can find the information.
has to be running windows 10 I think 64 bit, this guide just says windows 10, then it notes for dealers it has to be done by admin that just means for us that you have to run the whole shebang as "admin" when you go to login to the acdelco website just right click on the browser and run it as admin first and any downloads have to be ran as admin also so just get accustomed to right clicking on things first. Otherwise it will still download and run but not correctly it wont install all the stupid little add-on junk that it has to have to work. you might get errors saying you are not authorized, etc
llll.JPG

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I see a bunch of random codes I think low battery charge. The other day mine through a code for the RR wheel speed sensor and one for the navigation radio. Cleared the codes and they came back while my wife was making a short run to the store and back. So I cleared them again and took the car out for a half hour, about 12 miles total and the codes didn't come back and the battery state of charge got back up to 76%.

I'm not in shape right now to offer much more support, sorry.

OP
OP
K

kylebnoris

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I found what I believe is the issue.

EBCM Solution Video

Long story short, the ignition cylinder was shot, we replaced it with a cheap Dorman model, that came with two keys and a fob.

Well after replacing the turn signal stock I discovered that the ignition cylinder gets stuck and doesn't spring all the way back after starting from accessory.

It sets all the brake lights and the cruise + windshield wipers do not function in start mode. Manually switching it back (demonstrated in the video) all brake lights turn off, and the wipers function.

The Traction control light is still on and Alldata calls out to reset it via a specific procedure.

I still have a laptop and the MDI2 on the way, does anyone know what I might be able to use it for? Before I send it back?

Great news, win is a win!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtdelta