2004 GMC Yukon 4x4 IPC message for brake booster & MIL for ipc base brake boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadwagon95

Reaction score
Shalom my fellow Yukon, Hoe, Silveraydo and sierruh lovers. First and foremost let's take a moment of silence for the Almighty GM Brand................
Okay, so hopefully someone can give me a second opinion so I know where to lean w my repair. The message on my IPC states service brake boost... I have the hydraulic system, so I checked the code w my matco maxflex+ & it has an IPC code for base brake boost.. I'll have to look back on history for the code I don't remember it off top of my head. I believe it may have to do with the IPC and the vehicle it's programmed to, perhaps it's not programmed to my Yukon? Thank you in advance and hope everyone has a great Labor day weekend!

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you working on? What is wrong with it?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shalom my fellow Yukon, Hoe, Silveraydo and sierruh lovers. First and foremost let's take a moment of silence for the Almighty GM Brand................
Okay, so hopefully someone can give me a second opinion so I know where to lean w my repair. The message on my IPC states service brake boost... I have the hydraulic system, so I checked the code w my matco maxflex+ & it has an IPC code for base brake boost.. I'll have to look back on history for the code I don't remember it off top of my head. I believe it may have to do with the IPC and the vehicle it's programmed to, perhaps it's not programmed to my Yukon? Thank you in advance and hope everyone has a great Labor day weekend!
well without more info some basic things to check when there is a brake light with no abs light along with it
1. brake fluid level sensor. some have one and some do not. if you suspect the sensor try unplugging it and see if the light goes out
2. parking brake, be sure the parking brake is fully released, check the switch up under the dash that gets depressed when the brake is applied
3. proportioning valve can get stuck, this can possibly be the case when you know the level fluid sensor to be working yet the light remains lit
4. master cylinder leaking/bad
the hydroboost systems may have more things to check such as vacuum pressure/brake pressure?
a tech2 may help but mostly just to confirm the above since the physical brake really doesn't have much electronic to it.

**the prop valve can get stuck if you did something like I did once, did a brake job, finished. jumped in the truck started it up and took off down the road to break in the new pads and failed to realize I had not pumped the brake pedal (slowly) and now suddenly I needed to stop and pedal went to the floor and in a panic I pumped the pedal furiously therefore jamming the prop valve up and walla brake light without explanation.
after some digging and figuring out WTH was wrong I found that the valve can self-unjam if hard braking is applied several times on say a rock or dirt surface so you are not destroying your tires, so after about 3 days of randomly doing so the valve unjammed and brake light went out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocooter