2004 tahoe idle adjust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
im wondering if i can increase the rpms at which my tahoe idles at. It currently idles at about 600 rpm is there a way to make it idle at 750-800 rpm?

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Why? If my tach is accurate, my 03 idles around 600 and it's fine.

I have an upgraded alternator and its starts to work after 800rpm anything below 800rpm and I'm charging at 13.1 volts

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

On the scanner my 5.3 idles at 580-625 when hot.

On which scanner? Help me out please I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff I know more about car audio than this. Id love to increase my idle rpms

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be easier to get an overdrive pulley for the alternator, better to get an alternator that charges at our true idle. I went the whole built alternator route and had the same problem. It worked better with the overdrive pulley, but eventually blew up. I say try a DC Power alt instead and do it right.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
It would be easier to get an overdrive pulley for the alternator, better to get an alternator that charges at our true idle. I went the whole built alternator route and had the same problem. It worked better with the overdrive pulley, but eventually blew up. I say try a DC Power alt instead and do it right.

Hmmm I see what you mean I'm running a mechman 340 alt right now I got it new like a month ago so I'm not trying to swtich it out right now but ill keep that in mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555