2005 GMC Yukon Denali Rear Shock Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OmarRa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just picked up a GMC Yukon Denali XL. Overall the car is clean and drives well. I have to replace the knock sensors next week along with trying to decide what to do about the rear shocks. I checked the RPO codes and it looks like it a Z55. My initial thought was to purchase the coil over conversion kit from strut masters. Rather doing the coil over conversion I would try to replace the air ride shocks. I've seen a few aftermarket shocks available but wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations.

IMG_6512.JPGIMG_6514.JPG

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay with the stock shocks. Rockauto should have those and their is a 5% discount code listed at the top of the home page.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had both the OEM Z55 suspension and an aftermarket passive suspension (converted by the previous owner) on my 2007 Yukon XL Denali, and when I converted back to the OEM Z55 suspension, I found it to be a far superior suspension and ride. I will note, however, that some folks on this Forum have converted to, and prefer, an aftermarket passive suspension.

Check RockAuto.com and also check GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, go to the Suspension section, and look for the exploded diagram of rear suspension. You should find what you are looking for along with the correct part number. And, the cost will be significantly cheaper than the local dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuchie_goddess