2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali A/C Intermittently stops blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBGrip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. New A/C issue for us. Had Driver side blend door actuator problem, read forum, fixed issue. Recently had random A/C not blowing at speed, still had cool air slowly coming from vents; read forum, changed blower motor resistor, everything was great. NEW problem 2 weeks after resistor replacement... Everything is working fine, then all of a sudden front A/C stops. No fan, no cool air at vents, nothing. After turning everything off for a random period of time (sometimes 10 mins, sometimes 30), it will just start working fine again. A/C is cold, and blower responds at all speeds. Rear A/C keeps blowing, and blowing cool. Of course this only happens on super hot days... Suggestions?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in. @swathdiver

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Two things: You can "ATTEMPT" a "worth a try" procedure of doing a reset of sorts. Disconnect the battery cables, wait about 30 seconds and then touch the cable ends together and then reattach at battery. For some strange reason, I have heard of this working. I cannot explain it though.

The other is that you need a new control head because of an intermittent fault in it. I assume, being a Denali, that it is auto a/c.

OP
OP
D

DBGrip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Two things: You can "ATTEMPT" a "worth a try" procedure of doing a reset of sorts. Disconnect the battery cables, wait about 30 seconds and then touch the cable ends together and then reattach at battery. For some strange reason, I have heard of this working. I cannot explain it though.

The other is that you need a new control head because of an intermittent fault in it. I assume, being a Denali, that it is auto a/c.
Yes, you are correct about the auto A/C. Further notes, I do notice that the compressor is engaging. I tried resetting by pulling the fuses for a half hour, but have not tried the battery trick yet, will do when wife gets home with the truck.

I will also get back down under the glove box, and recheck the connections. After the blower motor resistor was replaced, we did hear a small thump, almost like a heart beat when the fan was blowing... may possibly replace blower motor this afternoon as well. Thank you for your suggestions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyBosnian