2006 LS Tahoe 5.3, turn over no crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoebronco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2006 Chevy Tahoe LS, it was running decently fine with a little shudder at 45-50. Then it died completely, I’m thinking fuel filter, but there is not one on my frame rail. Would it be inside the tank and is that replaceable? There are no codes on the dash, where do I go from here?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2006 Chevy Tahoe LS, it was running decently fine with a little shudder at 45-50. Then it died completely, I’m thinking fuel filter, but there is not one on my frame rail. Would it be inside the tank and is that replaceable? There are no codes on the dash, where do I go from here?
errr.. in my book turn over/no crank are the same thing so....
I can presume you mean cranks but will not run?
you might want to check for fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the fuel rail should have around 55psi with key on
if not you can try smacking the bottom of the gas tank with a mallet sometimes that will nudge the pump enough to work again at least temporarily.
if that works then it's probably time to replace the fuel pump.
otherwise check fuses, if all is well and no pressure then the pump is possibly the issue. fuel+spark+air

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

What @Doubeleive said about the fuel pump. If you do replace the fuel pump, do not cheap out on it. Labor intensive enough that you only want to go in there one time.

Also, like @Doubeleive said, "turn over" and "crank" are the same lingo when talking about the engine. Attempting to start the engine with a key turn is "turning over the engine" or "cranking the engine". You want the engine to "start" or "fire off". Correct info helps us help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LS33