Update: Brand new Tahoe left me broke down in heavy traffic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sean Michael

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's only been a few days, but I haven't seen the check engine light flash again. Dealership said if it happens again to bring it in, and that it could have been related to the truck learning the new fuel pump. The truck is now at 415 miles on the odometer, so fingers crossed that early hiccup with the fuel pump is the only problem for the foreseeable future. This is my 3rd Tahoe and the prior two I owned were exceptionally reliable, so I'm going to remain optimistic, even though the stories being shared here do chip away at my enthusiasm.

I really hope it's good from here on because this is my first Tahoe over the LT trim, first with the 6.2 (prior two were 5.3), and my first vehicle with Magnaride. It rides so much nicer than my previous Tahoes, the 6.2 puts a big smile on my face everytime I drive, the factory dual-quad active exhaust sounds incredible compared to my prior Tahoes, I find myself giving it a little throttle just to hear it, and the pictures of the RST interior online don't do it justice, it looks great in person with the red stitching, textured seat bolsters with piping, and the grey patterned trim instead of faux wood. Except for the whole left me stranded at 320 miles ordeal, I'm loving this vehicle so far.

DocDoug

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently traded in my 2015 Yukon Denali 6.2 L for a 2024 Grand Cherokee Summit ( $70k) Yukon engine failed at 2k ( valve spring broke!) And 48k (lifters failed!). At 78k A/C Compressor failed too....

At 80K miles, they gave me $23k trade in. Looked and ran great!

I love the air suspension and reliability of simple strong V-6 w 300HP.......

But now a near crash showed me none of my Collisions Mitigation system works!! I proved it to Dealer by run ing around his Lot with him in car, aimed straight other cars and rind corners of buildings. No Red warning lights. No braking. Nothing! Only my swerving at last second avoided a crash!
He said Computer and settings check out fine. I filed complaint w Jeep. They had Engineer call Dealer to discuss. No progress. "All is fine"....

I filmed myself barreling towards obstacles in my driveway. Zero warning.
( you must swerve at last second cause they say touching brakes negates the Mitigation system from engaging) No response yet. My Yukon system
worked great!

I called Lemon Law Atty this morn.... Only 1500 miles on it. I otherwise love the ride..... damn shame.
Good luck with a Stellantis product. Run away from that as fast as you can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiemishuu