2006 SS Silverado brakes on a 97 yukon??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
97GT

97GT

Reaction score
well i was talking to a buddy of mine about upgrading my brakes. I think I'm going to go with slotted rotors, better pads and stainless lines. From what I have read this application seems to work really well and the price is low. I have 16" wheels and with a big brake kit I would have to get bigger ones. I'm not ready for that yet. So anyone have good input one what to get?

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NBS master cylinder, you'll need adapter BLF-26C for 1 of the lines
GVW 8600 (3/4 ton truck) calipers with your regular replacement pads, the 8600 pads won't work

or switch to a Hydroboost setup

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NBS master cylinder, you'll need adapter BLF-26C for 1 of the lines
GVW 8600 (3/4 ton truck) calipers with your regular replacement pads, the 8600 pads won't work

or switch to a Hydroboost setup

there a full write up on the swap or is it otherwise straight forward? first ive heard of this route. (other than the hydroboost)

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brembo Stock Replacement Slotted Rotors, Stainless lines, everything else is still stock but recently replaced/new fluid. disabled the ABS. Managed to lock the front end up about a week ago, good enough for me for now!

Last edited:

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done the calipers and it's pretty much remove and replace, I would get new bolts and the sleeves while I had it apart. The pistons are like 1/4" bigger but the mounting points are the same

The NBS master is on the 'to do' list, and the adapter fitting is only $2.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have to pull a set of them the next time at the yards, same with the NBS master if i can find one, still rare at the lots here to find any NBS chevy's that aren't torched.

steamroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the calipers you can get new ones for around $20 each @ the parts stores so it's really not worth the hassle of messing with rusty caliper bolts to go used imo. Just pay the core charge and take the old ones back in when finished, they won't notice the small difference

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts