2006 Tahoe Z71 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grilled2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hit 100k miles and looking to do the maintainance on the truck.
Can you guys please give me a list as what I need to do on my truck
at 100k miles.
Not able to get much online and dealers are asking almost $2k for
100k mile service.
Please help.

Thank you all,
Joe

Schwab

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What haven't you had done for a long time?

Here's a general list in no particular order. You may, or may not need to do these things.

Brake system flush. (If you kind of understand how a hydraulic braking system works, then you know that brake fluid is pressurized every time you depress the pedal. Increase in pressure means an increase in temperature. Brake fluid is designed to handle high temperatures, but it also absorbs moisture. That being said, water boils at a much lower temperature than brake fluid and you don't want that happening in your hydraulic lines. Also, water can also cause corrosion, which also isn't good for your brake lines.)

Power steering (In the dealership, I have hardly seen anybody have a PS fluid flush done on their vehicle without having a major component replaced. I have no knowledge of what happens when PS fluid gets old. Sorry I couldn't provide more information on this topic.)

Engine Coolant Flush (Engine coolant, in a way, is kind of like oil. As it circulates through the system, it picks up particles of metal and carries them with through the radiator, engine, heater core, and hoses. I'm not sure what the specifics are for Dex-Cool, but I do know that coolant can also become acidic and can eat away at gaskets and in extreme cases can even begin corrode your engine block, radiator, etc.) I think the recommended interval for this is 5 yrs for Dex-Cool. May have to double check that though.

Transmission Fluid Flush (Also kind of like engine oil, your transmission fluid is a lubricant, coolant, hydraulic medium, and also carries harmful deposits to the filter and magnet so that they can be "removed" from the system. Personally, I'd say a transmission flush should be performed every 75-100k miles. You could also have the transmission filter replaced as well if you wanted to.)

T-Case/Diff (I'm not sure about the wear properties of gear lube, but keep in mind that moisture can get into your gearboxes, and reduce the effectiveness of the lube. Not very knowledgeable in this department either.)

A/C Refrigerant (Never gets old or worn out. The only time you need to worry about it is when you get an A/C leak. Then the shop has to fix it, as well as replace any refrigerant oil that was lost through the leak or recycling process.)

Don't forget to have them fill your blinker fluid reservoir and repack your muffler bearings!!! Winter is also coming up. You'd better have your summer air exchanged for winter air. ;)

But really, don't forget to check the basics, like your tire pressure, air filter, cabin air filter, that kind of stuff.

Hope this helped you out some, and that I was accurate with my explanations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
res51cue