2006 yukon XL multiple issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcbeau1911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Firstly glad I found this place lots of good info.

Have multiple issues and sadly had no time to diagnose before getting on the rig and heading to the west coast.

1. No rear wipers or washers
2. Interior lights will not go out unless I use over-ride
3. I did have a service tire monitoring system message in cluster. No I cant even access pressures.

This all just happened. I was thinking rear hatch glass? Its shut but if its broke that would explain lights not going out and rear wiper not working.

I'll be home wed about 6 hours before I leave again. Would like to get it fixed any ideas?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, either your back glass or rear hatch might be causing both your wiper problem as well as the interior light problems.

You might have a low tire but more than likely the sensor in the wheel might be messed up, my denali doesn't have those so I don't know anything about them at all! Sorry!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, either your back glass or rear hatch might be causing both your wiper problem as well as the interior light problems.

You might have a low tire but more than likely the sensor in the wheel might be messed up, my denali doesn't have those so I don't know anything about them at all! Sorry!

^ X1

In regards to the tire pressure monitoring system, I can not cycle through the pressures as mine is an '04 where this feature was not available yet.

I have been getting the same message now for months as I suspect a bad sensor in one of the tires.

As I find this system to be more an annoyance rather then helpful, I just click the message off each and every time it appears (with the steering wheel button), as I regularly check my tires as well as pressures. IMO, checking the tires and pressures is still safer than banking on a system which is still not 100% defined.

I will NOT pull a tire off the rim just to change a very pricey sensor.

Again, that's just my opinion.

OP
OP
R

rcbeau1911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where are the sensors in rear hatch and glass. I looked before I left and found neither.

Maybe I can't scroll my pressure either. It went away once I filled a low tire.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are the sensors in rear hatch and glass. I looked before I left and found neither.

Maybe I can't scroll my pressure either. It went away once I filled a low tire.

Well, of course your tire pressure monitoring system will throw you a message when one of your tires is low.

OP
OP
R

rcbeau1911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2 pounds low.. It wasnt a alert it said failure. Main issue is with the lights .

comerz1

Reaction score
Dumb question I know, but did you check the switch on the headlight switch to be sure you don't have the interior lights "on"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ela2q