2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ - electrical shutdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chavad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe that has been experiencing and irregular electrical shutdown. Details:

- Randomly, roughly once per month or two, when attempting to unlock the Tahoe via wireless remote, there is no response. Have to manually unlock it. Then when trying to start, there is no response at all. Not even the typical dead battery clicking. No lights on dash come on, no ringing of door open sounds, no radio, nothing, Nada. After sitting and trying several minutes, finally, everything automatically turns on, hear the CD in the CD player loading, beeping noises and it cranks right up as if brand new. I've had the battery connections cleaned and tightened, battery checked and everything came back fine. Still having the problem. Took it to my dealer and they did not find any problems and could not reproduce it. I was told it could be the battery cables, but I don't understand what the problem could be and how I could verify that it is the source of the problem so I don't just take a leap of faith in changing them and still have the problem. Any suggestions?

- Also, the security mechanism on our Tahoe is turning the blinker on. When I turn on the blinker while driving, I hear a faint "beep beep", the same sound that is played when unlocking the tahoe with the wireless remote. That beep beep sound has been there for years but I find it odd that it does it at all. Makes me wonder if I have a larger electrical problem or is that expected behavior?

My wife drives this Tahoe daily so I don't want her to get stranded or even worse have to deal with an electrical fire (if that's possible with these sort of symptoms?), so any advice is much appreciated.

thanks.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds similar to some of the symptoms other members have mentioned. There is a bunch of info and threads on the site about this, some members with successful solutions and some members that still have random problems. It may be a bit time consuming but I would read through the threads to find ones with similar symptoms.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chavad,

I understand that you are seeking advice from your fellow forum members about this vehicle issue and I might not be able to give any technical advice. I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

2cents

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Jennifer,

I have a 2010 GMC Yukon with apprximately 65000 miles. My vehicles is having all sorts of issues with the eletrical system. While I am driving, it will completely shutdown. At times, the doors will lock and unlock on their own, the instrument cluster will turn off and on. The a/c will turn off and on blowing hot air. Is there a recall for this issue. I have read several posts where many of the yukon/tahoes owners are having the same issue. I have not been to the dealer yet because i wanted to see if there was a recall or safety bulletin for the issue. The VIN # on my Yukon is 1GKUCAE09AR186498.

Thank you!
Duane Vasquez

amighjm6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue, my solution was to cut the crimped on terminal on the ground cable at the battery connection. That crimp can become loose and the wires also corrode inside that connection, causing a bad/loose ground and causing all of those same issues in my vehicle. Random locking/unlocking, crazy readings on the gauges, windows randomly up and down, speakers buzzing/popping and even no starts. I tried everything, traced every wire to no avail. Even the dealer was clueless. Their solution was to start swapping electrical parts, at my expense! One day I read about issues with the factory crimp at the ground wire, so $2.00 and 1 hour later I had a new terminal and not a hint of a problem since, that was almost 2 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts