2007 Denali w/ Nav but no Rear Entertainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope you have to be in park to watch with the factory system unless you get a GM LockPick. I've got one in the escalade and can watch DVD's/adjust nav address while in park.

@Alan: If you are looking at aftermarket look at the pioneer head units. I have the AVIC-Z150BH in my avalanche and it can play DVD's up front. It's their flagship unit that has nav too. If you don't want nav and just want DVD movie playing capabilities there are cheaper head units they make that are nav-less.

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So his Yukon Nav unit cannot play DVD's at all right?

OP
OP
A

ADouglas11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Correct, as far as I know my head unit cannot play DVD's at all. Currently I cannot watch a dvd up front while in park.

Nick, Did the guys at navrepair.com take a non DVD unit and add DVD capabilities for you?

Felix, thanks for the info on the aftermarket had unit, currently I would like to keep the OEM look but if that doesn't look to work out I will definitely look into the AVIC-Z150BH

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just look into the Rosen or Advent headunits? They have a factory look but with a lot of extra capabilities. Not sure if they will do exactly what you want but they are worth looking into.

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, as far as I know my head unit cannot play DVD's at all. Currently I cannot watch a dvd up front while in park.

Nick, Did the guys at navrepair.com take a non DVD unit and add DVD capabilities for you?

I have an escalade so Im pretty sure all escalade nav units can play dvd's. So I don't think you will be able to do what you want unless you get an aftermarket head unit or buy another oem nav unit that can play dvd's.

I was in the same situation as you where my kids are too little to be able to reach the headrest dvd player to switch a movie out so I needed to be able to control it from up front.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone with headrests monitors notice it challenging for people in the 3rd row to see the screen?

It depends on the size of the people. If 3rd row occupants are a concern, I would lean to at least one flip down screen. Now, you could still do headrest and one small flipdown. The addition of one flipdown shouldn't be too much more. If you are going to spend money on something like this, might as well get it right the first time.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just look into the Rosen or Advent headunits? They have a factory look but with a lot of extra capabilities. Not sure if they will do exactly what you want but they are worth looking into.

How do these hold up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member