2007 Tahoe Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richborba1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Over the weekend I serviced the tranny. Now, first gear slips when you go to take off. It only happens once a day. I know the pan was a little pain to take off. I don't know if I messed anything up. It's actually at the shop now to check it out tomorrow but I wanted to know some opinions. It's has 100000 miles and yes, the fluid is full.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does 1st slip? My truck falls into second gear lazily when on light throttle and it could be considered a slip but it's actually changing gears into second. It just started doing this recently and I was going to ask Justin to check my tune when he is in my town. If this is what your feeling drop it into M and see what gear your actually in.

OP
OP
R

richborba1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi

did you service it at dealer ?

I did it myself.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

The old fluid was dark. It was changes at 50000 miles I guess. At least that what carfax says.

When you switch it to drive from whatever gear, rpms climb and it doesn't move then slips into gear very sloppy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy