2007 yukon denali oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dictum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing in my 2007 Denali, leaks pretty bad, the worst leak I have ever seen.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this on all engine versions? I have a 5.3. I have had a mystery oil leak for a long time. Mosly just irritating since I cant find it. I did have valve covers leaking a bit which was some of it and the block off plate too.
Yes, all the LS (4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2) motors use the same style plate and seal assembly I believe.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAHA that's nothing mine looks like Le Brea tar pits under there but when you look though the inspection cover in the bell housing it's bone dry inside. I'm getting ready to replace the oil pan (drain plug is stripped), gasket, pickup tube o-ring and install oil diverter on the relief valve soon.

Cranker57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Suburban. went thru 3 oil pans because of leak. It was the oil pressure sensor and the shop put in their own brand of oil filter that leaked (twice). I told them to try a brand name. they did and leak is gone.

davidavidd

Reaction score
Lol, I've lost count of how many times I've shared this video here, but I know what it feels like, I'm almost going crazy trying to find the source of this leak.

Other possible origins: valve covers, oil pressure sensor and an unlikely but not impossible cause, a hairline crack in the engine block.

Airman68

Reaction score
It's funny how my Yukon was leaking, then mysteriously stopped... I give... When it leaks it's really just drips not puddles so I'll probably live with it. If I park it for extended times, I just put cardboard under it. It's a 2008, can't expect perfection at this point. It runs good and it's paid for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23