2008 Tahoe My work in progess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BP RETIRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a very long time since I have had my own car to work on again....Wife ...Kids...Family.. kind of took over for a bit. Since the wife got her car, 08 Town & County van. Time had come for me to pick out mine, but on a budget. My goal was to find a 07 to 08 Tahoe 4x4 for less then $17k. I wanted low miles, but kept finding Tahoe’s in my price range with over 100k in miles. After an exhaustive search I finally found out how to get what I wanted at the price I could afford. I made contact with a dealer that specializes in auctioned police Tahoe’s. Specifically Tahoe’s from TX, AZ, NM....essentially the South West region. 4 days ago I picked up my Summit White 08 Tahoe w/ 67k. Did at least 8+ months of research/searching on Tahoe’s and what to look for and how much they go for. Bought a 3rd row, center jump seat and a Kenwood DNX 7120 for the truck even before I had it.
So here are some pictures of a Retired Border Patrol Tahoe. I think, and was told by the dealer that had the Tahoe that it was a diamond in the rough. A good amount of the Border Tahoe’s see some serious work. It is believed that my 08 was possibly an admin type Tahoe due to not a single hole drilled any where on the dash, and the low miles. It did at one point have a cage and a light bar. This will be my second previous police vehicle.
Here are a few pictures of the work so far.

front.jpg
006.jpg
003.jpg
Seats and Rubber floor removed. Factory carpet will be installed in a few days.
023.jpg
Cut outs ready for the 3rd row brackets and seats.
3rdrowcutouts.jpg
A seperate picture on what you look for when you are ready to install a 3rd row. Under those white tabs you pull out are the nuts for the 3rd row bolts.
3rdrowboltholes.jpg

Plasti dipped the rear tahoe emblem. My first dipping experiance. I have to admit it was very easy to do and if you dont like you just peel it off.
016.jpg

Now on with the Modding...Many more posts to come...

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Nice work! If I were you I'd take advantage of the opportunity to also sound deaden the flooring since the interior pieces are removed.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Welcome on man. The Tahoe looks good. Does not seem abused.
If you need 3rd row hardware and tracks let me know. I will have mine available from my removed 3rd row in a week.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Good start and welcome. You going to put in the center consol or just doing the jumpseat? Also go a head a Plasti dip the front grill

OP
OP
BP RETIRED

BP RETIRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good start and welcome. You going to put in the center consol or just doing the jumpseat? Also go a head a Plasti dip the front grill

Jump seat it will be. That way the Tahoe can seat 9 if needed. If I was a single man with no fam Id put in a console. However I may buy one just incase I want to Switch. These cars are very versatile. As for the grille….Already done….here ya go... newgrille.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Nice work! If I were you I'd take advantage of the opportunity to also sound deaden the flooring since the interior pieces are removed.

I kind of did in the 3rd row area...
3rdrowblack.jpg

not a sound deaden matt but the product states that it helps...

Last edited:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u buy the Jump seat already? If not I'm willing to sell mine.
Nice truck by the way. Like the black grille but white emblem. Hadn't seen it like that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BP RETIRED

BP RETIRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u buy the Jump seat already? If not I'm willing to sell mine.
Nice truck by the way. Like the black grille but white emblem. Hadn't seen it like that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

I do have one....BUT id like to see a picture of yours. I know there were two kinds of seats.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black an white theme way to go bro very nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ela2q