2009 Yukon Denali AWD High Transmission Temps - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the insight. Never occurred to me to check the electric fans, but sure enough the passenger side fan was not coming on. Replaced it this morning and did same drive as yesterday and the transmission temp stayed in the 170-180 range. Think I’ve resolved my issue for now! Thanks!
Perfecto! Thanks for the follow-up.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
???
I have a stock ls1 powered c5. I'm on all the c5 corvette FB groups and forums. I read constantly about them over heating when stop and go driving their ls1 powered c5 vette.

depends on what they call over heating the stock fans don't come up max till 235 I believe.

I'm talking more about driving and working the engine hard. I just spend a day with a friend's 01 c5 in the north GA mountain and beat the every living dog crap out of that car. he was driving he's dad's c8 and I'd run off and leave it for dead just to annoying his dad lol.

all low speed 2nd gear corners, car never over heated once. coolent or oil, I run my 08 ls3 on the same roads, before tons of oil cooling mods I couldn't make one pass at speed without having to use 3rd gear to keep rpms down or back off.

i was really impressed with his stock c5. for nothing but the koni special active shocks and the middle of the road Firestone fire hawk tires, it did really really well.

I did order him upgraded brake rotors when I got home haha. those were toast.

I think their over heating problems would go away with a alt and wiring upgrade. they're probably running off 10v or less at the fans while idling and over heating. but corvette guys will corvette. they won't listen to anything anyways tells them they don't consider an "expect"

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
XLNT job adding the SOLVED to the title. Owners will be thanking you for years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justin1673