2011 Tahoe LTZ - AC/Delco Oil Filter Wrench size????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTZ123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After getting the dealer to change my oil for the first time at 7500, decided to change to synthetic at 10k (still have 45% oil life left on the meter).

I can't get the AC/Delco filter off - there's a collar that prevents me from getting anything but a wrench on it. Can't get my hand around the body or even the entire top of the filter....and it won't move.

What size filter wrench cup do I need to buy to get the AC/Delco (shiny blue paint) filter off? Can I buy it at Autozone or someplace like that?

Thanks,

LTZ123

OP
OP
L

LTZ123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found it:

Bought a cap wrench sized "74/76 mm 15 flute" $5.99 at Advanced Auto (local shop). Many are similarly priced online. It removed the AC/Delco PF48 pretty easily and snug, no slippage.

There is enough room b/t the metal collar and the filter to get the cap wrench on, or possibly even a band wrench.

I was able to spin the new Puralator PL12222 into place until it stopped, then pushing the sides of the filter was able to tighten it 1 more revolution by hand.

If I need a wrench to remove the PL12222 it takes a DIFFERENT cap wrench - sized "76 MM 14 flute" also about $5.99.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus