2011 Yukon Transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cubby2137

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have a 2011 GMC Yukon with a few issues.

Symptoms:
At a complete stop the rpms are erratic, feels like it's shifting up and down, when you take off it slams into gear and chirps the tires. I have tried putting it in neutral at stops but that doesn't help.

Codes are p0700 and p0741
Service stabilitrac and abs on

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0741 is telling us that your Torque Converter Clutch system is stuck in the off position.

This "might" be fixed with a new or repaired TECHM (you can rebuild it on your kitchen table) or she might need the transmission overhauled or replaced.

Lots of threads on here about doing those things.

A GM Reman comes with a 3 year 100K mile serviced nationwide. Prices vary by locale, from $5,500 to $7,000.

Hey Nick, is it me or does it seem like we're getting a bunch of these lately failing the same way? @NickTransmissions

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P0741 is telling us that your Torque Converter Clutch system is stuck in the off position.

This "might" be fixed with a new or repaired TECHM (you can rebuild it on your kitchen table) or she might need the transmission overhauled or replaced.

Lots of threads on here about doing those things.

A GM Reman comes with a 3 year 100K mile serviced nationwide. Prices vary by locale, from $5,500 to $7,000.

Hey Nick, is it me or does it seem like we're getting a bunch of these lately failing the same way? @NickTransmissions
Both as P0741 will often set/store when the TCC system is presenting with impairment signs...As you know, once P0741 is triggered, the likelihood the trans requires overhaul increases dramatically.

Hi everyone!
I have a 2011 GMC Yukon with a few issues.

Symptoms:
At a complete stop the rpms are erratic, feels like it's shifting up and down, when you take off it slams into gear and chirps the tires. I have tried putting it in neutral at stops but that doesn't help.

Codes are p0700 and p0741
Service stabilitrac and abs on
'a priori, your TC is shot, needs to be replaced and given the extent of the contamination spread throughout the case, your transmission will prob need to be rebuilt as well.

Check out my 6L80 Information Thread (link is in my signature) - there you will find a ton of information on these transmissions, including diagnosis and troubleshooting, tear down and inspection procedures, reassembly, parts selection, including updating/upgrading the unit for longevity and much more.

Reply here if you have any questions (quote my post or mention me if you'd like me to respond).

OP
OP
C

Cubby2137

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to add some background that may be relevant. I got this Yukon on trade for my really nice truck. The Yukon was test driven a lot and driven later that day, had 0 issues. It sat for a day or two and that's when the issues started.

The guy did have a code scanner in the car with him not sure if he did something to hide it.

Edit: The guy also said he went in and deleted the dod, did nothing else just deleted it.

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Just wanted to add some background that may be relevant. I got this Yukon on trade for my really nice truck. The Yukon was test driven a lot and driven later that day, had 0 issues. It sat for a day or two and that's when the issues started.

The guy did have a code scanner in the car with him not sure if he did something to hide it.
Sounds like my luck I drove 4 hr or more away with my “new” to me truck everything went great no issues at all next morning going to the store the transmission company went out I got 3 houses up the road and she wouldn’t move a inch I was pissed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crow