2012 GMC Yukon XL Denali Program new key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a new remote key fob for my 2012 GMC Yukon XL Denali and having trouble finding the correct way to program it? I have a couple of instructions but so far none of them work.
Does anyone have the instructions on how to program the new key fob?
The vehicle has the XM Navigation system.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of threads out there in the Interweb talking about remote key fob programming procedures. The easiest way to resolve your issue is to visit your local locksmith. For about 10 minutes of your time and about $25, you can get your remote key fob programmed.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
GM had a theft problem in their 07-14 trucks. Especially the Esky. In 11 they removed the option to add another key but kept the key fob option from the console. Good news is you got a steering wheel lock and redesigned door making it slightly harder to use a slim Jim.

Here’s your instructions…

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM had a theft problem in their 07-14 trucks. Especially the Esky. In 11 they removed the option to add another key but kept the key fob option from the console. Good news is you got a steering wheel lock and redesigned door making it slightly harder to use a slim Jim.

Here’s your instructions…
they did not remove the option to add another key, that part is easy and only takes less than 2 seconds, they did remove the option program a fob.
for that on a 2012 you need a tech2 or see the dealer or locksmith as already noted above

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thanks for clarification on adding key vs key fob.

I thought something was up with that YouTube clip where the guy stated he’s adding a key fob to his (mystery year) Tahoe and stated if applies to “years he needs to research”.

So, it is the key fob restriction on 11-14 full size SUV. As Wes correctly stated:

* Locksmith or …
* 1-3 time pairing module from internet
* Unlimited, lifetime pairing with BTdieselworks Autosync.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AutoSync! ALL THE WAY!

They just added a new option (with BCM programming package) for headlights to remain on longer than 10mins with key off.
I think it's the same limit as the remote start run time extension.. just a little over 20mins.

Not that I really care about that, and I doubt he will be adding much more for our 07-14 years, but I can't live without mine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarification on adding key vs key fob.

I thought something was up with that YouTube clip where the guy stated he’s adding a key fob to his (mystery year) Tahoe and stated if applies to “years he needs to research”.

So, it is the key fob restriction on 11-14 full size SUV. As Wes correctly stated:

* Locksmith or …
* 1-3 time pairing module from internet
* Unlimited, lifetime pairing with BTdieselworks Autosync.
for security they made changes in 2010, then they made changes in 2015 and again in 2018 and 2021 is something even different
my 18 requires 2 working keys to add more and gds2 for fobs (or a locksmith/tool)
and I believe unless I am mistaken that you could have up to 8 keys for the gmt900's and then with the k2's they limited it to 4
gm just does wtf they want lol
the guy in the video I thought he said his was a 2007 but for what he was doing he was unsure of what years it would work on and would have to research it.
if you want other options then go aftermarket with a directed system, smartstart, gps, etc or a idatalink system, or others

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the burbalac