2012 Tahoe PPV new owner here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jatPPV2012

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
The Husky cargo mat I ordered has arrived. Just have to cut out the slots for the 3rd row seat brackets and this is ready to be installed once I get the brackets and bolts put in (not yet arrived).

49541237197_24e52cc64e_m.jpg

Pics of the PPV rim (with center cap) I ordered, via LKQ online, which I am going to use as the full size spare.

49540516168_108906ff8d_m.jpg

49540516303_59a3c90c94_m.jpg

The donor vehicle of this rim was a 2014 Tahoe PPV. This rim included the TPMS sensor and is compatible with the TPMS of my 2012 PPV as verified by a local GM parts dealer using the VIN#s of the donor vehicle and mine.

Should anyone be interested in buying this specific rim via LKQ online, you can go to the following link below and search by your vehicle (Year, make, model) and select the 'Wheels' Category and 'Wheels' Sub-Category. Then for the wheel type, select from the drop down list '17 X 7-1/2, steel, 8 hole, painted (opt QV9)'. This will take you to a list of donor Tahoe PPV vehicles with this specific black with chrome center cap steel wheel. If you click on the 'MORE INFO' button it will take you to another page where you can check more details of the donor vehicle (VIN #, year, miles, etc.,) including a slide show of pics of the vehicle. Now the first picture of the rim in the slide show is not the correct one, but if you go thru the slide show you will see the donor PPV vehicle and the rims. There are 2 prices they list $84.80 and $90.45. Not sure why (maybe it depends on the location), but you can select the $84.80 one. The total cost of the rim I bought was $98.14 ($90.45 + tax $7.69) and shipping was free. I choose that one because the donor vehicle was located at a salvage yard that's close to my city so it arrived in about 2 days.

https://www.lkqonline.com/2012-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Wheel/-hDFn3ncnKO

Now all I need is to get a tire mounted and it's ready to be stowed. I'm still waiting for the jack and tools to arrive which should arrive by early next week.

More to come!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The Husky cargo mat I ordered has arrived. Just have to cut out the slots for the 3rd row seat brackets and this is ready to be installed once I get the brackets and bolts put in (not yet arrived).

49541237197_24e52cc64e_m.jpg

Pics of the PPV rim (with center cap) I ordered, via LKQ online, which I am going to use as the full size spare.

49540516168_108906ff8d_m.jpg

49540516303_59a3c90c94_m.jpg

The donor vehicle of this rim was a 2014 Tahoe PPV. This rim included the TPMS sensor and is compatible with the TPMS of my 2012 PPV as verified by a local GM parts dealer using the VIN#s of the donor vehicle and mine.

Should anyone be interested in buying this specific rim via LKQ online, you can go to the following link below and search by your vehicle (Year, make, model) and select the 'Wheels' Category and 'Wheels' Sub-Category. Then for the wheel type, select from the drop down list '17 X 7-1/2, steel, 8 hole, painted (opt QV9)'. This will take you to a list of donor Tahoe PPV vehicles with this specific black with chrome center cap steel wheel. If you click on the 'MORE INFO' button it will take you to another page where you can check more details of the donor vehicle (VIN #, year, miles, etc.,) including a slide show of pics of the vehicle. Now the first picture of the rim in the slide show is not the correct one, but if you go thru the slide show you will see the donor PPV vehicle and the rims. There are 2 prices they list $84.80 and $90.45. Not sure why (maybe it depends on the location), but you can select the $84.80 one. The total cost of the rim I bought was $98.14 ($90.45 + tax $7.69) and shipping was free. I choose that one because the donor vehicle was located at a salvage yard that's close to my city so it arrived in about 2 days.

https://www.lkqonline.com/2012-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Wheel/-hDFn3ncnKO

Now all I need is to get a tire mounted and it's ready to be stowed. I'm still waiting for the jack and tools to arrive which should arrive by early next week.

More to come!
How's the center cap held on? 3 10mm bolts?

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For tracing electrical issues, nothing beats having a factory service manual. If you are willing to wait, you can usually find a complete set for $100 or so off Ebay. (you will be competing against those who buy them for $100, then resell them for $500).

Once you have the FSM, start tracing voltage from the fuses and relays. Usually, the fault lies in a faulty ground, failed relay, or failed horn itself. But, tracing the electrical using the electrical diagrams found in the FSM will save you a ton of trouble.

OP
OP
jatPPV2012

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
For tracing electrical issues, nothing beats having a factory service manual. If you are willing to wait, you can usually find a complete set for $100 or so off Ebay. (you will be competing against those who buy them for $100, then resell them for $500).

Once you have the FSM, start tracing voltage from the fuses and relays. Usually, the fault lies in a faulty ground, failed relay, or failed horn itself. But, tracing the electrical using the electrical diagrams found in the FSM will save you a ton of trouble.

Cool! Thank you for the info! I bought a digital multimeter to check various wiring for power because I can’t find my other one, but the FSM with definitely come in handy. Need to figure out why the horn doesn’t work. Almost got into an accident yesterday evening when some stupid driver didn’t see me in his blind spot. I couldn’t punch the horn so all I could do is hit the brakes and light my high beams. Fargin cork soaker!
Well, hopefully it’s just a fuse, but if not, I could definitely use the FSM to trace the wiring. I did notice what looks to be some kind of siren looking thing mounted in front of the radiator. I’ll need to check the wiring on that to see if it works!

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can trace wires with a test set also, you just clip the alligator clips to one end and then turn on the toner and the inductive amp will trace the toner at the other end
it's made for coaxial/Ethernet but will work on any wires the same way, when I bought my last house there was like 12 coax cables feeding in from outside all unlabeled so a tool like this makes it a breeze to identify each wire, even if the wire is broken you can generally pick up the signal from outside the sleeve so finding the break can be done as well
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Progressiv...252348?hash=item23d14baa7c:g:lZUAAOSwWWdeSbUC
i saw a video of one of these working and ordered one hasn't arrived from china yet but it basically will trace a live wire from outside the sleeve
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FS8909-hou...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffDubya