2012 Yukon XL Denali - GPS & Mute Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2012 GMC Yukon XL Denali, previously owned 2007 of the same vehicle. 2 questions:

1. My 2007 had a MUTE button on the steering wheel that would Mute the radio. The 2012 dies not have the Mute button on the steering wheel? Is there a way to Mute the radio?

2. On the 2012 the radio unit has GPS but it does not show the speed that I am traveling nor the road speed limit that I am traveling on? Is there a way to activate those 2 aspects or just not part of the GPS?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2012 GMC Yukon XL Denali, previously owned 2007 of the same vehicle. 2 questions:

1. My 2007 had a MUTE button on the steering wheel that would Mute the radio. The 2012 dies not have the Mute button on the steering wheel? Is there a way to Mute the radio?

2. On the 2012 the radio unit has GPS but it does not show the speed that I am traveling nor the road speed limit that I am traveling on? Is there a way to activate those 2 aspects or just not part of the GPS?
just hold the volume down button on the steering wheel for a couple seconds and it should mute,
the oem radio nav is archaic and was outdated years before gm even put them in these trucks it's not going to show the speed limit, it may or may not show the road though that could be a setting and consider the map is 10+ years old. At any rate personally that was the first thing I yanked out and replaced with a modern unit.
the nav system has it's own manual, separate from the owners manual, you should be able to view it download it for free on the gm website

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just hold the volume down button on the steering wheel for a couple seconds and it should mute,
the oem radio nav is archaic and was outdated years before gm even put them in these trucks it's not going to show the speed limit, it may or may not show the road though that could be a setting and consider the map is 10+ years old. At any rate personally that was the first thing I yanked out and replaced with a modern unit.
the nav system has it's own manual, separate from the owners manual, you should be able to view it download it for free on the gm website
Tried holding the volume down button on the steering wheel but all that does is lower the volume all the way down, effectively it is muted but not what I was looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stickle