2012 Yukon xl shut off in the middle of the drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bellacrafty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was driving down the street and my truck shut down the steering wheel froze and it coasted to a stop. There is no engine light on no other issues. What could this be? I have checked YouTube and I still have no clue what it could be

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was driving down the street and my truck shut down the steering wheel froze and it coasted to a stop. There is no engine light on no other issues. What could this be? I have checked YouTube and I still have no clue what it could be
need more details...
such as
is it dead like dead battery no lights no power at all?
does it have electrical power but won't even turn the starter
does it have power and turns the starter but wont run?
see where I am going with this?
we can't read minds....

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a reminder that people these days don't seem to know it be taught. if your engine dies your steering doesn't freeze or quit working, brakes don't stop working either. they both just get harder.

don't give up driving it. Just grab with wheel with 2 hands and turn it. stomp on the brakes with both feet if you're weak. they both still work, don't crash into someone because you think you can't avoid it.

just try harder.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nope, turn off ignition at 55+ on a straight highway. With vacuum gone, braking capability is only about 10% no matter how hard you press. Steering is inoperable.

07-14 is downright frightening if the motor shuts down while moving or the serpentine belt comes off. These 3T trucks do not stop or steer with the motor turned off.

2014/15 + GM went to electric power steering. The truck will steer 100% anywhere with the engine off.

Have you changed the carbon canister or f/p so nice you’ve had the truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cee_M3