2014 tahoe dome light does not turn on with driver side door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmussehl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey yall, im new to the forum. Iv got a 14 tahoe that the driver side door does not turn the dome lights on. Every other door works. Iv replaced the latch, teice with no change. I just pulled the door harness out today, with no issue. However i did notice with my compustar drone mobile app, it does show the door is open in there. The truck does not show an icon if its open. Im pretty familiar with these suv’s since i have 2 of them with alot of work i to both. But i dont have a scanner to read any bcm codes and im at a loss. Any input?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the 2014 have a dome override switch? Has someone other than you accidentally turned the knob for lights to a different position?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a door ajar switch. I am guessing the ajar signal triggers the dome lights..
Might check if your scanner will show the ajar signal.

DDM = Driver Door Module (window switches)

doorajar.png

OP
OP
Bmussehl

Bmussehl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the 2014 have a dome override switch? Has someone other than you accidentally turned the knob for lights to a different position?
It does have it. The dome lights work completely normal on every other door. And normal by the switch. Drivers door is the only door that dont activate them.

Thats the door modual?!? Fk!!!! Lol the wording in these things is wild lol. Does anyone know off hand if those have to be programmed at all?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know off hand if those have to be programmed at all?

New ones need to be programmed; a used one from a vehicle with the same options would not need to be programmed. You could use a used one but it would need to be programmed to your VIN's options if the donor wasn't similarly optioned.

You might be able to disassemble the switch and clean the contacts.

Last edited: