2015 Tahoe Capped Hose near shock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blainestorm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking into a suspension upgrade to bilsteins and found this capped hose just sitting here. I know I have mag and air with this LTZ but I can't quite trace this quickly to figure it out. It gets wrapped up with a wire and goes under the engine. 1000008697.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I can't help you with the capped hose, as I have not seen one around my engine bay. If it was further back, I would speculate that it is the transmission vent hose.

You state that you are 'upgrading' to aftermarket Bilstein shocks. Many folks have done that here in the Forum, and a percentage of them did not see it as an upgrade, and converted back to the OEM active suspension system. A personal choice for sure, consider very carefully what you are currently missing in your OEM system, and do your research and be as sure as you can that the Bilsteins will fill that void.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking into a suspension upgrade to bilsteins and found this capped hose just sitting here. I know I have mag and air with this LTZ but I can't quite trace this quickly to figure it out. It gets wrapped up with a wire and goes under the engine. View attachment 432159
That's the breather for the front differential. Nothing amiss there, that's the way it hangs.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as noted above it's not really a cap it's a filter to keep crud from going in and allowing air in/out of the rear diff. leave it be or attach it up higher out of the way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23