2015 Tahoe LTZ - problem diagnosis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2015LTZ

2015LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the diff issue, but I just had my vacuum pump replaced for free by the dealer a couple weeks ago. One day I got little to no brake assistance in a parking lot all of a sudden. We were out of town but I was able to drive it to the closest les schwab. Drove fine on the way there even. They tested it and the pump was going bad, but gm tech support told them over the phone that they are covered under an extended coverage safety recall, up to 150k miles. So I was able to drive it safely home and the dealer here fixed it no charge. It's safe to drive for the most part if the motor is spun up, but if the motor is at low rpm the pump starts to struggle to keep the pressure at a steady level for the brakes, causing you to have to push on the pedal way harder than expected. Obviously a serious safety issue, so i would get fixed now before you drive it much more. If it happened at the wrong moment it could drastically increase your stopping distance at a very bad time. Hit up your dealer and they should take care of it for you!
thanks a lot i will check with my dealer. are you able to share the safety recall number or something that i can reference? i am based in the middle east and there is huge GM dealership network here. the car is out of warranty though. but still under 150k miles.

OP
OP
2015LTZ

2015LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
also my truck was recalled a few months ago by the main GM dealer here. and they did this EBM reprogram.

"The NHTSA Safety Issue ID is 19V645000. The dealership will reprogram Electronic Brake Control Module to fix the problem."

MikeK1981

Reaction score
thanks a lot i will check with my dealer. are you able to share the safety recall number or something that i can reference? i am based in the middle east and there is huge GM dealership network here. the car is out of warranty though. but still under 150k miles.
I never did get that. Fortunately it never became necessary for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knot on call