2015 Yukon Denali idcore apple CarPlay modules

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello
Will replacing existing modules with idcore ones to get apple care play cause any issues with engine controls or any other systems? Thinking about adding which requires replacing some modules. Thank you in advance

Loki223

Reaction score
So looking around what i've seen so far, is i might do a tesla style radio swap instead. the modules to add AA get expensive faaasstt

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on the 2015 you need to get a io5 or io6 radio and hmi 2.0 or 2.5 (the 2.5 has built in nav) you would then need a gps antenna (cheap) if you intend to use nav
if you want to do it cheap you can do a little research and get them used off of ebay and use a obd genie to unlock them.
if you do that I highly recomend getting the module out of the same make model vehicle, chevy for a chevy, gmc for a gmc.
some modules can come out of other vehicles like a smaller level suv, so for ease of function I recomend getting it from the exact same model. tahoe for a tahoe, etc

the only other catch is if you have the small screen that has to be upgraded also so there could maybe be a harness involved

some places online offer a "kit" but you are going to pay $600-1000, you can diy with normal functionality for half that cost
a obd genie is like $150, a hmi can be found for $150 or less you just have to shop around, havent checked radio module prices but they are probably similar to hmi prices
so figure around $450

*note that if you diy and later decide to have it programmed with SPS for some reason you will need a VCI number to be sure the upgraded modules are programmed correctly otherwise it programs the modules back to what you had originally.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into more information on this as well if anyone can chime in? just bought a 2015 Suburban LTZ
There are a few companies that will flash OEM hardware to your vin and when you receive it, it will be plug and play. can’t recommend the company I used as the website is no longer active but mine have been working great for almost 4 years.

Loki223

Reaction score
There are a few companies that will flash OEM hardware to your vin and when you receive it, it will be plug and play. can’t recommend the company I used as the website is no longer active but mine have been working great for almost 4 years.

Well that's partially helpful. Do you remember how much it cost?

Loki223

Reaction score
on the 2015 you need to get a io5 or io6 radio and hmi 2.0 or 2.5 (the 2.5 has built in nav) you would then need a gps antenna (cheap) if you intend to use nav
if you want to do it cheap you can do a little research and get them used off of ebay and use a obd genie to unlock them.
if you do that I highly recomend getting the module out of the same make model vehicle, chevy for a chevy, gmc for a gmc.
some modules can come out of other vehicles like a smaller level suv, so for ease of function I recomend getting it from the exact same model. tahoe for a tahoe, etc

the only other catch is if you have the small screen that has to be upgraded also so there could maybe be a harness involved

some places online offer a "kit" but you are going to pay $600-1000, you can diy with normal functionality for half that cost
a obd genie is like $150, a hmi can be found for $150 or less you just have to shop around, havent checked radio module prices but they are probably similar to hmi prices
so figure around $450

*note that if you diy and later decide to have it programmed with SPS for some reason you will need a VCI number to be sure the upgraded modules are programmed correctly otherwise it programs the modules back to what you had originally.

This might be the route i move down, i know the Phoenix Tesla style radios are cheap POS's. I have time to piece everything together, but wouldn't be opposed to just buying a ready to go kit I already have the bigger radio, Burb is a LTZ so fully loaded for the year

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be the route i move down, i know the Phoenix Tesla style radios are cheap POS's. I have time to piece everything together, but wouldn't be opposed to just buying a ready to go kit I already have the bigger radio, Burb is a LTZ so fully loaded for the year
if you poke around on ebay many of the sellers of the used ones will list the vehicle compatability, usually there is at least 2 (part numbers) that are "compatible".
once you have the number then you can search for one that has come out of a denali, this may take time as they get listed and sold all the time.
the obd genie does what it says it does and it works for both a radio or hmi.
the reason I say to get one from the same vehicle is because if you get one from a chevy it will say chevy and not gmc, which is just a brand name it will still work but if it came out of a pickup it wont have some functions that a suv one might have otherwise like rear air

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captainmal425