2015 Yukon SLT noise coming from driver's side dashboard or below

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Warhammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I finally got under my dash today, and I must say it appears to be a real snake's nest under there. Pardon my ignorance, but do you think that the underside of the dash for both the '15 Tahoes and Yukons are identical? Is it possible there are differences?

I tried fining the shiny metal steering column piece you referred to but I could not see it. Did you need to remove any dash panels to access this area?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm an idiot. After writing the above, I went under there again and actually turned the vehicle on so that I could rotate the steering wheel (duh!). I think I see the sensor...is it the little flat black plastic piece with wires coming out of it? If so, I noticed that you can move it around in the slot, but no matter where you position it, rotating the steering wheel seems to continue moving it around.

However, even though it moves around (and frankly, doesn't look like it should be moving around like that), it is still relatively snug, and trying to jostle it around does not duplicate the annoying sound that I originally posted about. I suppose it is possible for this to be causing a sound, but the sound doesn't really occur when I turn the wheel. It's more like going over bumps or imperfections in the road causes a squeaky "settling" sound. Who knows. Well at least I think I can partially rule this out for now, which is some progress. Thanks Tahoe14 for the suggestion.

Anybody else have this issue so far?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Warhammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this thread -- still having the same issue, and I feel that it is getting worse. Explored the other suggestions and none solve the issue. This morning I thought I was going to go insane during my long commute. I have to play music at high volume to drown out the clicking. I can't take it any more.

This car is awesome, except for the clicking. I know it sounds ridiculous, but this incessant noise has me so on edge, I honestly feel disgusted like I'm driving a complete POS. In my opinion, new cars at this cost level should not be having annoyances like this.

Anybody else having any weird noises coming from the dashboard or vent areas anywhere on 2015 Yukons? Any solutions? I would be VERY appreciative for other suggestions...

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has your dealer looked at it? There is a bulletin out that may cover this. They are changing out the steering columns which where back ordered earlier in the week. You may want to get in line if it applies to yours.

OP
OP
W

Warhammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^ Where is the bulletin available? I'll need to ask them to look at the steering column the next time I'm in the dealer.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reels, Do you have any info on the bulletin as several of us are affected. Thanks.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reels, Do you have any info on the bulletin as several of us are affected. Thanks.

Sorry I do not. All I know is what I have read here and on the Cadillac forum from members that have had it done.

The easiest way should be ask your service department... but the other option is read through the threads and find the ones who had it done. Ask them to pull the TSB # off their receipt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Warhammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LT that is having the same issues as this...

From what I can tell, these vehicles are almost identical in the affected area, so I'm not surprised.

What I can say is that this squeaky/clicky noise is now at the point where it happens immediately now and persists for the entire drive. Well, at least I won't have the problem of the dancing frog in the Warner Brothers cartoons when I finally have time to bring it to the dealer! (the frog really dances and sings, I swear!)

lbhagar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck had the same issue. The dealer replaced the emergency brake actuator. That fixed the noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo