2016 Tahoe 2nd Row swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmericanHoopty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newbie here - bringing another seat swap thread...hoping to find some help. Have a 16 Tahoe LT, came with a bench seat and swapped out for captains chairs. I made the mistake of using seats out of an 18 (i think), and they fit great, until i needed to reconnect the power for the heated seats, etc. The harneses are different, and i haven't been able to find a way to fix that issue... That said, is there an adapter or a way to change the harness out on the seat side to match the vehicle? Anyone run up against this already.

I did search for similar issues already here, and the rest of google and haven't quite seen what I had hoped to find. Any help y'all can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time and consideration...

If I need to dig those harnesses out and provide pics, can do...may just take me a while to get them uploaded.

Thanks again!

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solder and heat shrink? That is what I would do considering the seats will never need to come out again, the quick disconnect harnesses are all about manufacturing and assembly line efficiency.

jay2017Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newbie here - bringing another seat swap thread...hoping to find some help. Have a 16 Tahoe LT, came with a bench seat and swapped out for captains chairs. I made the mistake of using seats out of an 18 (i think), and they fit great, until i needed to reconnect the power for the heated seats, etc. The harneses are different, and i haven't been able to find a way to fix that issue... That said, is there an adapter or a way to change the harness out on the seat side to match the vehicle? Anyone run up against this already.

I did search for similar issues already here, and the rest of google and haven't quite seen what I had hoped to find. Any help y'all can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time and consideration...

If I need to dig those harnesses out and provide pics, can do...may just take me a while to get them uploaded.

Thanks again!
I am in the same boat as you. I traded my 17 Tahoe power bench for captain seats and the driver side has a different connector. The passenger side was easy and mated without any issues.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you. I traded my 17 Tahoe power bench for captain seats and the driver side has a different connector. The passenger side was easy and mated without any issues.
Cut the connectors off, solder, and shrinkwrap. The quick-disconnect plugs are there for the assembly line, you'll be fine without them.

jay2017Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cut the connectors off, solder, and shrinkwrap. The quick-disconnect plugs are there for the assembly line, you'll be fine without them.
I am tempted to. The wiring coming from the seat has the same color and markings as those on the Tahoe harness.

But I need to double check and make sure I know which each wire does what.

Would have been nice if an adapter would have been made.

jay2017Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
left is Tahoe harness. Right is bucket seat harness. Same with wiring pics. IMG_7499.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7503.jpeg
    IMG_7503.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7502.jpeg
    IMG_7502.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 3

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am tempted to. The wiring coming from the seat has the same color and markings as those on the Tahoe harness.

But I need to double check and make sure I know which each wire does what.

Would have been nice if an adapter would have been made.
See if the colors match up, and if the wires/pins are in the same spot on both plugs (with corresponding wire colors), even though the plugs may not mesh up correctly. That's good for starters, or find a wiring diagram to make the correct splice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsanchezz