2016 Yukon - Trunk compartment - Black bag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Oh I did, I have a brand new set of head phones and 10 free washes.
I just didn't know what was in that bag. I was working on the information provided by the previous owner that it was for the spare. I wanted to ask here what was in it so I had what I needed if I had a flat.
It might tell you in the manual what was included in that bag.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owners manual will show you how to change your tire and where and what tools are needed which are located in your vehicle.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The owners manual will show you how to change your tire and where and what tools are needed which are located in your vehicle.
Or you can get it in your smart phone via the Chevy/Onstar app

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello TYF,

Bit of an odd question here...

I bought the wife a 2016 Yukon last week. Purchased from an individual. After completing the paperwork we walk out to make sure he has all his stuff out of the truck. He lifts the compartment and there is a black bag. He says "thats for changing the spare" and closes the lid.

The next day I take the truck for a full detail. The people who detailed lost/stole/threw away my headphones that were in the car. Then I looked in that compartment and that black bag was gone too.

So the question is - what was in it? Is that black bag standard? is it something I need to change the tire if I have a flat? or is it in fact something the previous owner put in??
I cringe every time I hear a story of how someone had something taken from their vehicle during a detail.... really makes me glad I’m a professional detailer and that my truck never goes through that. Lol. If I need to move an owner’s belongings I stack it all in one place and I always tell the owner, hey I moved this or that and it’s in the back.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bag is the cargo net. The net self-contains inside of the bag. When you install the net, the solid nylon material that makes up the "bag" turns into the bottom of the cargo net. The net material is inside.

Seems odd that a detailer would throw that away though. You can get another one for $45 right here on Amazon.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
It could have been the bag that's in the driver's side compartment in the back. That's the rod that you use to lower the spare from the back. Look inside that compartment. If you don't see a long, black bag mounted inside - then that's what it was.

If you need to replace it, be aware that it's a Yukon-only part. A tow truck guy had one from a Suburban, and it was too short: He needed to pull the Yukon one out of my compartment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1

Latest posts