2017 with 42000 miles am I crazy to consider it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Motorweek just aired and rated several full size SUV for fit, finish and towing ability. The Tahoe w/ 6.2 was rated first for towing. The V6 twin turbo Expi, Nissan Armada and Tahoe rated 1, 2, 3 for overall fit, finish and value.

Anything’s possible on tv or the internet.

12db64086dbabe84a61b57d517e61748.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Again lol, i think you will move soon to NY.

I doubt it, Miami is bad enough and NYC is worse, and I am being nice right now.

Generally speaking lease cars are fairly well maintained . 40k on a two year old car isn't too much by todays standards. I would look in the door jamb and see what the production date is. If it's like an early 17 I would not hesitate assuming it checks out ok

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carfax doesnt show service history. It reported Titled or registered as rental vehicle.

Thats all there is for history. Anyway I can find out more?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again lol, i think you will move soon to NY.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I doubt it, Miami is bad enough and NYC is worse, and I am being nice right now.

Miami is a super sauna 24/7 from May-October and not much better till end of November. This year is really bad with heat index around 105 or higher everyday. The daily monsoons do not help. I like spending time in NYC in the summer plus I have family up there. Do mind the drive as I like road. I actually hate the heat and keep my house and Tahoe ice cold all the time. Then again I love the winter in Miami so not moving anytime soon.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carfax doesnt show service history. It reported Titled or registered as rental vehicle.

Thats all there is for history. Anyway I can find out more?

Something is not right. Before I bought my Tahoe new I looked at several used Tahoe's at the dealer and at Enterprise and all were rentals. Everyone was able to pull service records. The bulk of them were serviced every 5K miles and some were serviced every 7-9K miles.

I actually came across someone on one of my trips who still had the Factory Fill in his Suburban at 12K miles. The Suburban was as clean as could be so was surprised when he told me that. So you never know unless you get service records.

In the end I could not make a good deal so bought a new one. It was 7K more for the new one. All the rentals had over 40K miles and were only a year old.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something is not right. Before I bought my Tahoe new I looked at several used Tahoe's at the dealer and at Enterprise and all were rentals. Everyone was able to pull service records. The bulk of them were serviced every 5K miles and some were serviced every 7-9K miles.

I actually came across someone on one of my trips who still had the Factory Fill in his Suburban at 12K miles. The Suburban was as clean as could be so was surprised when he told me that. So you never know unless you get service records.

In the end I could not make a good deal so bought a new one. It was 7K more for the new one. All the rentals has over 40K miles and were only a year old.
If I can find the original owner/company then I might be able to get service records.
here is gthe carfax report.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...-KKKyUW1X7zBfzAusdFhyWSujcf91rQ&partner=SHR_3

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every one has a budget. By buying with that many miles, you have to consider one day you'll be selling it as well. That's when you will ask yourself, why did I put $40k in this vehicle.
Since Carfax listed as RENTAL, I doubt the same person rented it out more than one time, that's a lot of different BUTT'S driving with different driving habits
There's a better deal somewhere for your budget, walk away from the deal. JMHO and good luck to you.
David g,.....:)

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t open your link for some reason, but I know on certain models, certain manufacturers void all warranties if car is a fleet/rental car. Go to any local GM dealer’s service dept and ask them to run the vin in their system. See what they can pull up.

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
I bought my 2016 Suburban in March of 2017 for $39,750. It had 42k on it, I've got 76k now and no issues. Doing all of the 75k services this summer prepping for winter and so far have been completely issue free. It's the most I've ever paid for a vehicle but my wife loves it and I know it serves us well where we live.

Hard to believe $20k was too rich for my blood just a few years ago...

Good deals are out there, just see how it was taken care of and drive it for as long as you can before the sale is final. It's hard to have buyer's remorse with these SUVs, they are nice!

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every one has a budget. By buying with that many miles, you have to consider one day you'll be selling it as well. That's when you will ask yourself, why did I put $40k in this vehicle.
Since Carfax listed as RENTAL, I doubt the same person rented it out more than one time, that's a lot of different BUTT'S driving with different driving habits
There's a better deal somewhere for your budget, walk away from the deal. JMHO and good luck to you.
David g,.....:)
Its confusing, listed as rental but also says sold in December stating fleet/lease company. I'm thinking this was some sort of corporate vehicle, but not sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925