2017 Yukon 8 Speed trans shudder and resolution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boatguy

Reaction score
Whoops, this should be in the Engine & Drivetrain forum. Mods: feel free to move.

Hey. Here’s a data point on the dreaded TCC slip/shudder and the fix.

2017 Yukon Denali 6.2 with the 8 speed trans and 29,000 miles. Low miles because I only use the SUV for road trips to the snow and towing a 4500# boat.

Started getting the shudder this winter and it was getting worse on every trip, so I did some research here and found the TSB prescribing the 20-quart flush with the new fluid.

I printed it out, went to the dealer and talked to their trans guy. He was well aware of the problem. He did the service and it has not shuddered since. I’ve put 300 miles on the Yukon including 80 miles towing and no issues. Fingers crossed.

Love this car. I just wish the ACC didn’t tailgate or I would drive it more. Back when it was in warranty, I took it in 4 times (to two dealers) for tailgating and was told it was “within spec”. Funny story: The first time I took the Yukon in for the ACC tailgating like a douche, the service manager (who used to be their trans guy) said “You’ll be back at 30K miles for a trans flush”.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hm41120

Latest posts