2018 Tahoe Cranks, Starts, and dies out in 6-8 seconds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gearheadmo3907

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2018 Chevy Tahoe: Cranks, Starts, then cuts out after 6-8 seconds. Just did 8 sparkplug change, and changed coil & wire on #6 cylinder. Anyone else fight this dragon and win??

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Care to share truck info? Or is every single 2018 Tahoe exactly the same?

Why were the plugs, coil and wire changed? How was it running before the work or the work was done because of the same problem?

Any CEL?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Why were the plugs, coil and wire changed? How was it running before the work or the work was done because of the same problem?

Any CEL?

To quote Eric O, "What the World?" Is this the inquisition or...? ;)

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was running fine before the work was done the general consensus is go back and check the previous work and parts, not really sure why Fless and VietVet are making this so difficult. LOL

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Any CEL?
@Tahoe14, you can see in post #2 that, as @Fless said, that is what I was alluding to. I can see how that would be construed as "making this more difficult" and the OP has never answered my questions.

Old @gearheadmo3907 is a "hit it and quit it" type of new member. But, I get it, my questions can be scary at times.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The three of us were just having fun, no explanation needed as I knew what you were referring to, you and Fless try to help as many members as you can and you both ask for detailed information which really helps you to understand and helps the posters that are asking for help. Carry on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
res51cue