2018 Yukon Denali R High Beam pointing low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

destman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The right high beam on my 2018 Yukon Denali is pointing very low compared to the left one. The low beam is aligned correctly. There is an adjustment screw but it seems to move the entire assembly - low and high beam.

Anyone experience this before where the low beam is aimed correctly but the high beam is not? The one on the other side is fine.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adjustment screw changes the beam height for both the low and high beam as you have found out. It's odd that the low beam would be aligned correctly, but not the high beam?

What type of bulbs are in your high beams? Stock Halogens or do you have some LED's in there?

OP
OP
D

destman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stock halogen bulbs for the high beams. I had tried LED but had the same alignment issue.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Then I would suspect that something else is probably not right with your right side headlight.

It could be a number of things...

The halogen bulb could not be seated in the bulb socket properly.
Something with your high beam reflector could be broken causing it to distort the beam pattern.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that you have a damaged/defective light housing seating issue with that 1 bulb. Perhaps, there is a rubber seal gasket that is improperly seated on the bulb seat. Check it out very closely and carefully.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The right high beam on my 2018 Yukon Denali is pointing very low compared to the left one. The low beam is aligned correctly. There is an adjustment screw but it seems to move the entire assembly - low and high beam.

Anyone experience this before where the low beam is aimed correctly but the high beam is not? The one on the other side is fine.
as noted you need to inspect both sides and compare each one side by side to figure it out.
look inside the housing and where the bulb mounts something is off a smidge. could be a cracked part, defect, missing seal, etc

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out. It actually something that's pretty easy to do, as I've done it before too. While trying to align the 3 tabs of the bulb with the socket and twist I've managed to only seat 2 out of 3 and it causes the bulb to not sit perfectly straight in the socket and reflector housing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
58caddy