2019 Escalade Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redracechris36

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Escalade with 115k miles. Impeccable service history from dealer, 1 owner. Haven't had it for 2 weeks or 800 miles and this morning the motor developed a bad tick. no check engine light though. From research, seems to be the lifter failure. Dealer has a 3 month or 3000 mile engine warranty, so it was towed there this morning. Is there a way to prevent this after the repair? Can you turn off or disable the cylinder deactivation? Would it help?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in. I do believe, however, that there is a dongle-type device that plugs into the OBDII connector that deletes the AFM feature.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Escalade with 115k miles. Impeccable service history from dealer, 1 owner. Haven't had it for 2 weeks or 800 miles and this morning the motor developed a bad tick. no check engine light though. From research, seems to be the lifter failure. Dealer has a 3 month or 3000 mile engine warranty, so it was towed there this morning. Is there a way to prevent this after the repair? Can you turn off or disable the cylinder deactivation? Would it help?
yes, best way is to get a tune @BlackBearPerf
optionally you can have engine work done to eliminate the chances altogether.
there are other options out there as well

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RANGE dingle, or spend $500 with HP Tuners and turn it off yourself. Super easy, then you have the ability to look at engine and trans codes in the future and do any engine tuning if that's your thing

OP
OP
R

Redracechris36

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks all. Update: Warranty company paid to replace all of the lifters. Dealership went with an aftermarket lifter that they have used extensively and have had much better luck (according to them). Truck is ready, so I will see how it goes.

OP
OP
R

Redracechris36

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is differing info on if the Range Dongle leaves a trace of its use. I don't want to void the 5k extended warranty I just bought if I need more engine work in the next 4 years/48,000 miles.

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is differing info on if the Range Dongle leaves a trace of its use. I don't want to void the 5k extended warranty I just bought if I need more engine work in the next 4 years/48,000 miles.
I have been using the Range dongle for 4 years without an issue. The only thing you need to know is to remove it temporarily before visiting your dealer and about a week before a smog check to allow your catalyst monitor to set. Other than that there are no traces when checking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Gumbo