2019 suburban z-71, rear 2" lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a 2" rear lowering kit on my 2019 suburban z-71. Now it is sittting on the bump stops. Should it be. It compresses, but seems to limit travel. Normal? or should i trim some off or install shorter bump stops? Ride does not seem much different.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

My initial guess is that the suspension should not be sitting on the bump stop for that amount of lowering. But other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP
C

charmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Suburban is currently stock except for the 2" rear drop. Will takes some pics once wheels, tires and grill are updated

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowering springs for rigs with z95?are pretty soft. I just trimmed my bump stops but you might also check your shocks for leaks.

OP
OP
C

charmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't think to check before I removed stock springs. How far off the bump stops for a 2019 suburban Z71 stock?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 07 but I trimmed about an inch then drove it and towed with it. I think i ended up trimming another 1/2 inch or so.

15burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think to check before I removed stock springs. How far off the bump stops for a 2019 suburban Z71 stock?
Not sure if it will help but on our 15 suburban, no magna ride but it does have rear air, completely stock suspension there's 2.5 inches of clearance before the bump stops would hit their pad (bottom out) or whatever it's called.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts