2021 Cadillac Escalade Drivetrain Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW - Found the tool from the bulletin but out of stock - https://www.freedomracing.com/dt-52910-manual-park-release-tool.html

Crazy... no way to push a car out of the way of traffic if it dies or tow or x, y, z Seems like it should be easier to go to neutral with a dead engine.

Well, I'm glad I understand, so if this happens to my 2021 I won't be wasting time thinking I can roll it out of the way.
looks like in the youtube video it can be done by holding the shift mechanism in just the right spot, but good luck doing to that depending on the situation at hand
I barely trust drive by wire let alone shift by wire

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this youtube for 21/22 Yukon that shows
1) Disconnect Parking brake actuator wiring at the wheels
2) Use a wrench to turn a shaft sticking out of transmission a bit and zip tie it in that position to hold it
and then you're in neutral to push it etc. Looks legit but I don't know.

Also saw a flat towing mode youtube for neutral - pushing 2wd button 5 times 'thing'.

I'm old and never considered that I couldn't put my car in neutral / push it. Done this many times in my life to push it off the road till I could tow on a rope with a friend. Seems like the "N" button (somehow) should be designed to do this like the flat towing procedure or perhaps have a manual neutral shift lever somewhere accessible - I don't get the reason to make this so hard.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this youtube for 21/22 Yukon that shows
1) Disconnect Parking brake actuator wiring at the wheels
2) Use a wrench to turn a shaft sticking out of transmission a bit and zip tie it in that position to hold it
and then you're in neutral to push it etc. Looks legit but I don't know.

Also saw a flat towing mode youtube for neutral - pushing 2wd button 5 times 'thing'.

I'm old and never considered that I couldn't put my car in neutral / push it. Done this many times in my life to push it off the road till I could tow on a rope with a friend. Seems like the "N" button (somehow) should be designed to do this like the flat towing procedure or perhaps have a manual neutral shift lever somewhere accessible - I don't get the reason to make this so hard.
any of the button pushing methods require the engine to be running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89