2021 Tahoe with 6k miles mine has already had a head off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 21’ Yukon Denali and last week they replaced all 16 lifters! My steering wheel is steadily coming off center as well. They’ve corrected it once but made a big deal that they wouldn’t do it free again. I’m currently at 13K miles on mine. Some of my stitching is crooked in my interior, they had to take the passenger door panel off to fix a rattling sound in the speaker, the infotainment system glitches occasionally with my iPhone, had a few issues with the lane keep assist and adaptive cruise. Oh and when it rains, I hear bubbling noises coming from the sunroof.

Crazy! I thought I was the only one with the off-center steering wheel! I took it in and they confirmed it was off, but the fix made it worse. It is now the opposite direction. Every month is a new issue. 12,500 miles, 9 months of ownership, 8 service visits and about 17 days without vehicle.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the past model's history it may take three years for this platform to become dependable. These seem to have way more problems than the 2015. Feel badly for the owners and myself, wanted to order a new Tahoe this next year.

Jsenky

Reaction score
I have a 21’ Yukon Denali and last week they replaced all 16 lifters! My steering wheel is steadily coming off center as well. They’ve corrected it once but made a big deal that they wouldn’t do it free again. I’m currently at 13K miles on mine. Some of my stitching is crooked in my interior, they had to take the passenger door panel off to fix a rattling sound in the speaker, the infotainment system glitches occasionally with my iPhone, had a few issues with the lane keep assist and adaptive cruise. Oh and when it rains, I hear bubbling noises coming from the sunroof.
There is a revised service bulletin out for the sunroof issue. But it has to do with the drain lines and the recycle air button. Turn that off and it will be fine until your next service appt. i just got mine fixed this week but it hasnt rained yet here.

LeonTexas

Reaction score
Crazy! I thought I was the only one with the off-center steering wheel! I took it in and they confirmed it was off, but the fix made it worse. It is now the opposite direction. Every month is a new issue. 12,500 miles, 9 months of ownership, 8 service visits and about 17 days without vehicle.

My steering wheel was also off-center. I noticed it greatly during the drive back from Los Angeles CA to North Dallas TX. During traffic light stops too, you would have to put effort tugging the steering wheel at an angle. I would have to hold; pointed to the left. So that the vehicle would go straight.

As of today, i took it to the dealer for a recall.(3rd row seat belt damage) First oil change and maintenance.(4267mi) They fixed the problem.

21 Tahoe LT (2WD) Tow Package

Last edited:

cdgtahoe

Reaction score
My steering wheel was also off-center. I noticed it greatly during the drive back from Los Angeles CA to North Dallas TX. During traffic light stops too, you would have to put effort tugging the steering wheel at an angle. I would have to hold; pointed to the left. So that the vehicle would go straight.

As of today, i took it to the dealer for a recall.(3rd row seat belt damage) First oil change and maintenance.(4267mi) They fixed the problem.

21 Tahoe LT (2WD) Tow Package
My Yukon was out of alignment. Drivers front tire feathered edge. GM did not cover alignment. When I got it back. It still was not right. Turns out the alignment rack had an issue. Second time it was correct and dealer did not charge second time.

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon was out of alignment. Drivers front tire feathered edge. GM did not cover alignment. When I got it back. It still was not right. Turns out the alignment rack had an issue. Second time it was correct and dealer did not charge second time.
I always ask when the alignment rack was last serviced and calibrated by the manufacturer. Same thing with tire balancers.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I take my new vehicles to my local tire guy to have an alignment. He says all GMs are out of spec from the factory and they sure track better afterward.

TonyV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purchased a New 2021 Yukon SLT in January. As of todays date, it only has 2,000 miles on it. Well yesterday the lifters went along with bent pushrods. My wife was driving it and all of a sudden she felt like the truck was coming apart, lost power, no acceleration and it was running extremely rough. GMC dealer towed it to dealership and called us with the problems stated above. Only 2,000 MILES !!!!! Don't care that they are fixing it, we are filing a lemon law claim against GM or going to try to force GM to buy it back, completely unacceptable on a new 2,000 mile vehicle. Lost all confidence in this vehicle. Not sure about other states, but in NJ you can file a lemon law claim based on non confidence in new vehicle. Also worried about lack of value if mechanical problems appear on carfax for resale purposes.

Austinlane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Over the weekend, I noticed that my emblem is not working properly now. The C is not lighting up now

1D6A8539-CEB9-47DC-AAAF-033423A37674.jpeg

greg bolen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Z71 7500 miles same issue, dealership just replaced all lifters after a failure in cylinder 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryme