2022 Yukon 2nd/3rd Row Floor Wet...hasn't rained here in weeks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broken1812

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It feels and smells like water, so I am guessing its a plugged rear AC drain line, but I don't know where to look.
Does anyone have any photos of what the rear AC drain line looks like and where it is?

Or any other possible suggestions on what it could be or where to start?

OP
OP
B

broken1812

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update...I'm a bit perplexed. I ran the A/C while driving for a bit today, and the condensation seemed to appear in the middle of the 2nd/3rd row. Not much, but there was a little. Whats weird is that it did not come from the sides of the car, it appeared in the middle. Where does the AC condensation drain pipe run? Would it make sense to have condensation appear in the middle of the floor, not coming from either side?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update...I'm a bit perplexed. I ran the A/C while driving for a bit today, and the condensation seemed to appear in the middle of the 2nd/3rd row. Not much, but there was a little. Whats weird is that it did not come from the sides of the car, it appeared in the middle. Where does the AC condensation drain pipe run? Would it make sense to have condensation appear in the middle of the floor, not coming from either side?
Could be the rear A/C drain...should be coming out under vehicle, passenger side, behind rear tire.

OP
OP
B

broken1812

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could be the rear A/C drain...should be coming out under vehicle, passenger side, behind rear tire.
Thanks for the reply. I did check this, and blew it out with my air compressor. Nothing came out. It also doesn't appear to be draining anything at all. I do feel air come out of it, but haven't really seen any water come from it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did check this, and blew it out with my air compressor. Nothing came out. It also doesn't appear to be draining anything at all. I do feel air come out of it, but haven't really seen any water come from it.
Might be a clue...if no condensation is coming out the Rear AC drain, but there is water on the rear floor?

OP
OP
B

broken1812

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's what I am thinking, but I am not sure where that drain runs. Is there a pipe going from the rear A/C unit to that drain? Not really sure where to start looking for the problem.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear AC Unit condensation discharge is right below the rear HVAC evaporator, right behind the passenger side rear wheel, crawl under there and look up, will see hearter and A/C hoses entering from below, and the drains are there as well.
If it were plugged, it might overflow into the floor of the vehicle.
If it were not properly connected inside the HVAC unit, only disassembly of the box in the back would tell you.

If you are in warranty, I suggest noting if water ever drips from the rear A/C drain, if not, thats a clue. Then take it to the dealer and explain you have wet floor and no water dripping from Rear AC drain.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
Someone just had a similar complaint. Does your rear windshield washer work properly?

flynfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what I was going to suggest. I had an issue with a previous car where the rear wiper line disconnected and the fluid then leaked into the car.

OP
OP
B

broken1812

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Someone just had a similar complaint. Does your rear windshield washer work properly?

Thanks for the suggestion. They appear to be working fine. Everything sprayed as I would expect it to, and the levels seem normal. It's a blue fluid which I hope I would notice on the carpet if it were leaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUWILLMS