2022 YUKON DENALI 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I bought this truck cash at 12k miles from the auction. So warranty is out the window. It’s a risk I take. Anyways , at this point would yall replace the engine with a used engine or would yall rebuilt the existing engine with upgraded parts/specs? I have access to L87’s wholesale. I can replace it the engine with another one but it wouldn’t make sense if I’m going to run in to the same problem again. Or if you were to buy a used engine , what would you change more or less to avoid this factory issues?
used is probably cheaper but with this year engine luck it might be in the same shape. I prefer to rebuild to know what you put in it. so it really depends on your budget and time. I rebuild these engines but I take my time and for some customers time with out their car is valuable so used or new engine it is for them.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol and neither have you. Go ahead and try getting warranty service on a branded vehicle. It all has to get approved through GM - not a simple “oh you’re under X amount of miles and years so you’re g2g buddy!”

If it wasn’t enforced, then a lot more people would be buying salvage vehicles.
you are correct in that I have not done it with gm but have with toyota, not a word was said about it not being covered.
so it remains to be seen..... not just guessing

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are correct in that I have not done it with gm but have with toyota, not a word was said about it not being covered.
so it remains to be seen..... not just guessing

I’m not guessing either. I had a 2020 Ford Expedition. Took it to get the battery replaced. They called me 30 minutes later to ask me if I knew that the vehicle was branded(saw that I had temp tags). I’ve owned over a dozen branded vehicles. Friends and family have owned even more. Everyone knows that you won’t get warranty service if you have a salvage title.

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gm doesn't zap anything, they plug in a obdii reader that pulls codes active or historic and the service writer prints it out. doing that also provides the vin & mileage
that's it. so unless someone went into the gm service computer and flagged the vin, they have no clue

When was it the last time you went into a GM dealer and saw this? I took mine in last month to get my parking sensor retrofit completed. First thing they did was come out with a tablet and scanner. Scanned the barcode on the B pillar right away. 100% sure that GM runs the vin etc before any kind of approval.

Even if they aren’t scanning anything, they still have to get permission from GM to warranty a repair since GM are the ones that are paying for it.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the engine topic, I think that a 6.2L from something up to 2020 would be fine. I'm not aware of any changes that would prevent it from working in a 2022 year.

Or, do as another guy here did and put a 6.6L on it from an HD pickup. With HP tuners, you should be able to copy the spark map from a 2500hd with that motor, overlay it in your current ecm, and turn off DFM in the fuel economy tab. You may have to have someone tweak it for a different gear ratio, or you may be just fine.

I've compared my 2008 6.2L to a 2014 6.2L, and a 2015 6.0L. The maps aren't WAY different to the point of unusable. Just some tweaks from 2008 to 2014. The 2015 6.0L map is similar, just less spark advance.

That being said, if I ever run into that problem in a 2017-2020 model year, I would highly consider the 6.6L swap. The exhaust on a 6.2L should be big enough to work appropriately, compared to a 5.3L. The loss of vacuum assist pump for the brakes would be a god send. And a motor tuned for torque on 87 would be nice. I think it would be a dynamite setup.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was it the last time you went into a GM dealer and saw this? I took mine in last month to get my parking sensor retrofit completed. First thing they did was come out with a tablet and scanner. Scanned the barcode on the B pillar right away. 100% sure that GM runs the vin etc before any kind of approval.

Even if they aren’t scanning anything, they still have to get permission from GM to warranty a repair since GM are the ones that are paying for it.
Maybe some dealers do it differently mine scans it thru the obdii port (wireless) and then they print it out to give to the tech. I was there a week ago. The dealership has been around almost 100 years. Not sure how a dealer is going to get vehicle codes from scanning the vin thru the window or door sticker, that's not how it's normally done. Maybe there is some other wireless method or onstar, etc but as far as I have ever been informed as long as whatever is going on is a stock part and it's within range of warranty they just do it, they don't question much. I guess if you took it in there all smashed up they might say it was caused by the accident or something

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not guessing either. I had a 2020 Ford Expedition. Took it to get the battery replaced. They called me 30 minutes later to ask me if I knew that the vehicle was branded(saw that I had temp tags). I’ve owned over a dozen branded vehicles. Friends and family have owned even more. Everyone knows that you won’t get warranty service if you have a salvage title.
Might be different in other states the only indication of a salvage vehicle here is to look at the title, theres no sticker or label or special tags or anything. Or of course checking dmv, Carfax etc. in general I don't think my dealer runs a vin thru DMV when it hits the service drive

Antonm

Reaction score
Maybe some dealers do it differently mine scans it thru the obdii port (wireless) and then they print it out to give to the tech. I was there a week ago. The dealership has been around almost 100 years. Not sure how a dealer is going to get vehicle codes from scanning the vin thru the window or door sticker, that's not how it's normally done. Maybe there is some other wireless method or onstar, etc but as far as I have ever been informed as long as whatever is going on is a stock part and it's within range of warranty they just do it, they don't question much. I guess if you took it in there all smashed up they might say it was caused by the accident or something

The service writer doesn't scan for any codes, the techs do that. The service writer shoots the vin sticker with the little gun to help fill out the ticket because that automatically fills in things like vehicle year, made model, engine/ trans combo etc, they then type in all the "customer states" messages the techs laugh at in the back. The service writers don't give two craps about what codes are stored in the computer, it's not their job to.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The service writer doesn't scan for any codes, the techs do that. The service writer shoots the vin sticker with the little gun to help fill out the ticket because that automatically fills in things like vehicle year, made model, engine/ trans combo etc, they they type in all then "customer states" messages the techs laugh at in the back. The service writers don't give two craps about what codes are stored in the computer, it's not their job to.
I guess that's why my dealer's been around almost 100 years cuz they do things the right way and they absolutely scan it for codes and then they print it out. You can look at it if you want to or they just staple it to the work order and give it to the technicians. When they connect the OBD2 device. It also lights up every light so you can see if one is burned out or not, brakes reverse blinkers headlights and the dam thing, picks up some codes even if you cleared them already I was surprised it did that

Antonm

Reaction score
I guess that's why my dealer's been around almost 100 years cuz they do things the right way and they absolutely scan it for codes and then they print it out. You can look at it if you want to or they just staple it to the work order and give it to the technicians. When they connect the OBD2 device. It also lights up every light so you can see if one is burned out or not, brakes reverse blinkers headlights and the dam thing, picks up some codes even if you cleared them already I was surprised it did that

So then "your" dealer does it different than every other dealer is the US.

I've lived all over (side effect of being the military for 20 years, you move a lot) and had several different brands of vehicles ranging from Chevy and Ford to Cadillac and Mercedes, never once seen a service advisor do anything other than type in the ticket, tell me where the customer waiting room was and maybe offer me a bottle of water.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownUser