2022 YUKON DENALI 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All in all, it doesn’t matter how they do it. The bottom line is that they have to get approval from GM to warranty anything because that’s who’s paying for it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So then "your" dealer does it different than every other dealer is the US.

I've lived all over (side effect of being the military for 20 years, you move a lot) and had several different brands of vehicles ranging from from Chevy and Ford to Cadillac and Mercedes, never once seen a service advisor do anything other than type in the ticket, tell me where the customer waiting room was and maybe offer me a bottle of water.
i guess so, they have done that for as long as I can remember they even upgraded the system about 3 years ago, the new obdII readers are about 9" long, wireless. the old ones were wireless as well but only about 4" long.
I am not all "pro" dealer they all get you for every penny they can, but the dealer here is pretty good at there job
maybe that's why they get all the business they are a chevy dealer and there is a gmc dealer right around the corner from them and that place is a ghost town by comparison.
I went to the gmc dealer once in the last 25 years, they were dick's so I never went back.
And they will install customer supplied parts, I guess that's not a typical thing either.

Antonm

Reaction score
All in all, it doesn’t matter how they do it. The bottom line is that they have to get approval from GM to warranty anything because that’s who’s paying for it.

Dealers only have to get approval from the regional rep (dealerships are independently owned, the regional reps are GM/ Ford/ FCA employees) if the dollar value of the warranty repair exceed a certain dollar value.

So if the warranty repair is cheap, the dealers can just perform the repair, submit the paperwork to GM,and expect to be paid. If the warranty claim is expensive, then the dealer has a choice to make, do the repair and risk it, or wait for approval from the OEMs regional rep, most will wait for approval.

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers only have to get approval from the regional rep (dealerships are independently owned, the regional reps are GM/ Ford/ FCA employees) if the dollar value of the warranty repair exceed a certain dollar value.

So if the warranty repair is cheap, the dealers can just perform the repair, submit the paperwork to GM,and expect to be paid. If the warranty claim is expensive, then the dealer has a choice to make, do the repair and risk it, or wait for approval from the OEMs regional rep, most will wait for approval.
In this case, it’s probably an engine replacement so it’s gonna have to go through GM.

OP
OP
J

Jfuentes9798

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE. ENGINE WAS DONE FOR. Opened up the oil pan and it full of metal shavings. The crankshaft , and bearings were extremely damaged. Turnaround time was way too long to rebuild the motor. so I’m buying a low mileage L87. Just strictly using 5W-30 or 10W30. My trusted mechanic said that he has been through several 6.2 at his shop , all them due to the incorrect oil. Per him , he said as long as I use 5w30 or 10w30 the motor will run long. Thanks for the help and advice guys.

BacDoc

Reaction score
i guess so, they have done that for as long as I can remember they even upgraded the system about 3 years ago, the new obdII readers are about 9" long, wireless. the old ones were wireless as well but only about 4" long.
I am not all "pro" dealer they all get you for every penny they can, but the dealer here is pretty good at there job
maybe that's why they get all the business they are a chevy dealer and there is a gmc dealer right around the corner from them and that place is a ghost town by comparison.
I went to the gmc dealer once in the last 25 years, they were dick's so I never went back.
And they will install customer supplied parts, I guess that's not a typical thing either.
The dealer I have been working with for years is similar to the one you describe.

When a vehicle comes in they scan the VIN then when it is ready to go to service bay they run vehicle through a gate that scans the exterior and underneath before service. The computer will analyze the pictures and give a report of what it sees, if you have scratches, dents or anything out of the ordinary. They even text the pictures and report to me so I know they are working on it.

They also install customer provided parts, tires and wheels. They also will price match tires if they can get them. Also they usually wash the vehicle after service if you /they have the time.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealer I have been working with for years is similar to the one you describe.

When a vehicle comes in they scan the VIN then when it is ready to go to service bay they run vehicle through a gate that scans the exterior and underneath before service. The computer will analyze the pictures and give a report of what it sees, if you have scratches, dents or anything out of the ordinary. They even text the pictures and report to me so I know they are working on it.

They also install customer provided parts, tires and wheels. They also will price match tires if they can get them. Also they usually wash the vehicle after service if you /they have the time.
similar here they will price match tires, etc I think when covid hit and then the chip shortage right after there lot was pretty barren for a while and I think the car wash guy got dropped but I think a majority of the employee's are still there, they had also dropped the shuttle service for a while during all that but the service has been back again for a good year or so. you can take your vehicle there in the morning and they will drop you off at work or at home and then pick you back up either after work or when your vehicle is ready
a number of dealers around here do that, not sure if that is a common thing elsewhere. I can only assume it is.
And they will of course do a courtesy free inspection, when they are charging $479 for brakes I guess that is worth there time lol.

djnice

Reaction score
UPDATE. ENGINE WAS DONE FOR. Opened up the oil pan and it full of metal shavings. The crankshaft , and bearings were extremely damaged. Turnaround time was way too long to rebuild the motor. so I’m buying a low mileage L87. Just strictly using 5W-30 or 10W30. My trusted mechanic said that he has been through several 6.2 at his shop , all them due to the incorrect oil. Per him , he said as long as I use 5w30 or 10w30 the motor will run long. Thanks for the help and advice guys.
Wonder if he recommends 5-30 in the 5.3’s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigreb000

Latest posts