2022 Yukon Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bb115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to schedule an appointment to get me front windshield covered with a clear heat film.

The local shops around me (New Orleans Area) are telling me there are sensors around the windshield that will short out due to applying the film with whatever liquid/soap they use so they are declining the job.

This is on a 2022 Yukon Denali.

Does anyone have any experience or have any issues with this in the past?

23SummitDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had Llumar AIR 80 applied to the windshield of our 2023 Yukon Denali about a year ago without issue.

I believe the electronics/sensors are contained in the “triangle” at the top center of the windshield (behind the rear-view mirror as you look through the windshield from the driver’s seat). That section is pretty well contained by plastic shields and doesn’t get tinted.

15burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd keep calling around even if it means a further drive to have it done. Something like that I'd rather have done right then deal with electrical issues down the road. If the shops you're calling don't want to do it or feel confident enough keep calling til you find one that is confident and will do it.

I've never had a windshield tinted but have read a few horror stories of electrical issues afterwards with newer vehicles.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
I had my 2022 Yukon done with XPEL Nano Ceramic Tint, I think it was 70%. Look online at XPEL's website for dealers in your area, this shouldn't be an issue.

OP
OP
B

bb115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

@Vinnoto1 did you have the entire windshield done in the xpel? How has it been as far as heat reduction?

Thanks!

Antonm

Reaction score
I am trying to schedule an appointment to get me front windshield covered with a clear heat film.

The local shops around me (New Orleans Area) are telling me there are sensors around the windshield that will short out due to applying the film with whatever liquid/soap they use so they are declining the job.

This is on a 2022 Yukon Denali.

Does anyone have any experience or have any issues with this in the past?

They're just being lazy or don't want to mess with it (or maybe don't want to mess with you, perhaps they think you're a cop or something), but it certainly can be (as has been) done.
Its legal here in Texas to tint the windshield (there are rules about how dark, but it can be done) and it's pretty common to have a ceramic heat reflective film that has a very low amount of tint/ a high light transmitted tint percentage number applied to the windshield (you know, because the sun is always trying to kill you here in Texas).

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bb115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They're just being lazy or don't want to mess with it (or maybe mess with you, perhaps they think you're a cop or something), but it certainly can be (as has been) done.
Its legal here in Texas to tint the windshield (there are rules about how dark, but it can be done) and it's pretty common to have a ceramic heat reflective film that has a very low tint percentage applied to the windshield (you know, because the sun is always trying to kill you here in Texas).
Yes same here in New Orleans - thats exactly what I am looking for - Im not looking to have any type of "tint" but just the heat reflective film!

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
I had my 2022 Yukon done with XPEL Nano Ceramic Tint, I think it was 70%. Look online at XPEL's website for dealers in your area, this shouldn't be an issue.
I have the exact same tint all around (15%) on my 2022 Denali as well. I was going to get the windshield done, but I'm scheduled to have it replaced due to a crack. Once that's fixed, I'm getting the 70% done with Expel. I found my dealer (AFS in Houston) on the Expel website.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had the same done on my 335i which is garaged almost all the time. 70% XPEL Nano Ceramic Tint on the windshield and 55% on all other windows (side + rear windshield).

I think I would probably do 70% on the front windshield, 45% on the front side windows, and 70% on all remaining windows if they already come with factory tint on a vehicle that will not be in a garage on a regular basis.

I still want to be able to drive at night with the windows up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malachismith