2023 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at purchasing a 2023 ppv tahoe and am trying to confirm it has the 9C1 package. From the pics it looks like a PPV with the black steel 20in wheels and lowered stance. Original sticker doesn’t mention police chassis package so that gives me pause. The truck is in another state so I can’t physically look myself but salesman claims there’s no glovebox sticker for the RPO codes….Did the newer trucks move to a QR code only for RPO codes? He sent me a pic of the door sticker with QR but I can’t get it to scan

Dropfire93x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post a picture?

I just double checked the original window sticker for my 2023 Tahoe PPV and it clearly states “Police Vehicle” on it.

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
I’m looking at purchasing a 2023 ppv tahoe and am trying to confirm it has the 9C1 package. From the pics it looks like a PPV with the black steel 20in wheels and lowered stance. Original sticker doesn’t mention police chassis package so that gives me pause. The truck is in another state so I can’t physically look myself but salesman claims there’s no glovebox sticker for the RPO codes….Did the newer trucks move to a QR code only for RPO codes? He sent me a pic of the door sticker with QR but I can’t get it to scan
Did you look in the glovebox?

PPV2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The VIN sticker is on the B-Pillar when you open the drivers door. Our 21+ PPV’s have a QR code square you can scan with your phone on the VIN sticker too. It’s gives you most of the RPOs.

OP
OP
T

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The VIN sticker is on the B-Pillar when you open the drivers door. Our 21+ PPV’s have a QR code square you can scan with your phone on the VIN sticker too. It’s gives you most of the RPOs.
Great, thanks! Still waiting on the dealer to send me a pic of that QR code.

This one doesn’t have a center console or jump seat, but I figure either are an easy install

OP
OP
T

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have looked at a couple PPV tahoes and none of them have a 9C1 RPO which from this forum I thought they were supposed to have.....they both have Z56 RPO codes though and both have the 20in steel wheels, slightly lower stance, larger front calipers and original window stickers say "Police" Tahoe. It seems the 2021 tahoes list "police chassis" in the original window sticker but the 2023 does not list that. Again still waiting for the QR for the 2023

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have looked at a couple PPV tahoes and none of them have a 9C1 RPO which from this forum I thought they were supposed to have.....they both have Z56 RPO codes though and both have the 20in steel wheels, slightly lower stance, larger front calipers and original window stickers say "Police" Tahoe. It seems the 2021 tahoes list "police chassis" in the original window sticker but the 2023 does not list that. Again still waiting for the QR for the 2023
just swing by any gm dealer with the vin and ask them to print out the build sheet, that's the only way to get it for free anymore
they can also provide any special coverage information i.e. injectors, etc and show any dealer work that has been done, recals, etc.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Police versions are nice. They already have many of the upgrades that people do after they get their vehicles. NO daytime running lights, an engine stop-start is permanently disabled. This will save you the trouble and expense of making these corrections yourself.

OP
OP
T

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Police versions are nice. They already have many of the upgrades that people do after they get their vehicles. NO daytime running lights, an engine stop-start is permanently disabled. This will save you the trouble and expense of making these corrections yourself.
My current tahoe is 20 years old so moving to the PPV would actually be an upgrade.

One thing is the rearview mirror on most of these are manual (so not auto dimming). Has anyone added this feature to a PPV that didnt come from the factory? Nothing on the forum about this, is it possible to do on the 2021+ tahoes? Additionaly, I understand the engines cant be performance tuned which is a major disappointment

Last edited:

PPV2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My current tahoe is 20 years old so moving to the PPV would actually be an upgrade.

One thing is the rearview mirror on most of these are manual (so not auto dimming). Has anyone added this feature to a PPV that didnt come from the factory? Nothing on the forum about this, is it possible to do on the 2021+ tahoes? Additionaly, I understand the engines cant be performance tuned which is a major disappointment
Are you talking about the DRZ option, digital rear view mirror?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369