Electric fan wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88lance

Reaction score
Hello everyone, got a 2002 Z71 Tahoe, clutch fan. Found an electric fan and fuse block in the junk yard, and had them take it out for me.

They split the harness between the fuse block and the fans, but most of the wiring looks pretty straight forward, colors just go back together it looks like.

The little plug with the two wires (light blue and green) coming off the fuse block are there, as is the big red power wire.

Here's what I'm confused on.

-where is the ground wire?? I have 4 wires leaving the fans and 4 color matching wires leaving the fuse block heading for the fans that seem to obviously just go together, but no ground...

Is the ground just supposed to be spliced in the two fan grounds or something?

-secondly, what are these 3 miniature blue wires that come from the fuse block in the photo? I don't really know what these do or if I need them.

Thanks!IMG_20240914_090816019.jpgIMG_20240914_090832501.jpg

Last edited:

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you have one ground for both and two plus lines for each of the fans.

Just measure the passage. The positive cable must have continuity to ground, but the positive cable don't have continuity to the other positive cable.

OP
OP
88lance

88lance

Reaction score
I guess you have one ground for both and two plus lines for each of the fans.

Just measure the passage. The positive cable must have continuity to ground, but the positive cable don't have continuity to the other positive cable.
That's what I was thinking, one of those wires on each fan is a ground, so tap into each ground and ground it to the frame,l as it continues it's way to the fuse block, if I am seeing this correctly.

OP
OP
88lance

88lance

Reaction score
Found out the wiring for the ground, so apparently only the fan with the black wire goes to the frame for ground, just like in the photo from Fless. The other 3 fan wires go straight towards the fuse block, but the black heads to the frame to ground before carrying on to the fuse block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts