2023 Yukon AT4 - Rear 110 Outlet (Switch to Always On??)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IBTCNCR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've searched through the forums, but I haven't found anything that I was looking for yet.
I have a 2023 Yukon XL AT4, and I'm trying to figure out how to switch the rear 110 outlet to "always on". I had a 2018 Yukon Denali XL previously, and the rear had a cigarette lighter outlet that was always on. We travel with a small BougeRV refrigerator to keep food and drinks cold. It worked great in my old truck because when we got back from a day at the zoo, or wherever, the fridge was cold. With the new truck, the power shuts off when the ignition is turned off. The fridge would not be running overnight, maybe for just a few hours at a time, so I'm not worried about battery drain.

I'm not a novice to vehicle wiring, but I'm not an expert either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe 110V Outlet, probably not, but I think you can move Fuse 27 to the 28 position in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel (Behind the panel on the dash when you open the passenger door), and keep the 12V hot all the time. Heads up though, these vehicles are significantly more sensitive to low battery voltage than previous models...so be careful. Be aware of the current draw of your accessory, and he capacity of the battery.

1719846164310.png

OP
OP
IBTCNCR

IBTCNCR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THe 110V Outlet, probably not, but I think you can move Fuse 27 to the 28 position in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel (Behind the panel on the dash when you open the passenger door), and keep the 12V hot all the time. Heads up though, these vehicles are significantly more sensitive to low battery voltage than previous models...so be careful. Be aware of the current draw of your accessory, and he capacity of the battery.

I'm assuming the sensitivity is due to all the electronics that the truck relies on? In the mornings when I walk into the garage, it's like I'm waking the truck up when the key fob gets near it. All sorts of lights turn on, and the buzzing starts. It scared my wife the first time she walked into the garage after we purchased the truck. :rotflmao:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, imagine it like this...there are probably north of 80 different microcontroller systems (basically computers: processor, memory, communication interface) on this thing. They all need to be awake and communicating for the vehicle to do "stuff" (for instance, what you mention above). And, they all need good power to do that...so, if the battery voltage starts drooping, not everything is happy.

Note, I did try the above, and it does at least keep the center stack 12V outlet hot. Didn't try any of the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tazmain