2023 Yukon Denali 3.0L Diesel Whining noise from engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimsYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate 3.0L Diesel with 12,000 miles and the other day I noticed a whining noise from engine compartment. It sounds like a power steering pump but I believe they use electronic power steering. Possibly a defective idler pully ? The dealer won't be able to check it out for a week. Just curious if I shouldn't drive it until I get it checked out, I need the transportation.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate 3.0L Diesel with 12,000 miles and the other day I noticed a whining noise from engine compartment. It sounds like a power steering pump but I believe they use electronic power steering. Possibly a defective idler pully ? The dealer won't be able to check it out for a week. Just curious if I shouldn't drive it until I get it checked out, I need the transportation.
Suggest putting this in the 3.0L section...

I wouldn't drive it if you think it is main belt related (alternator, water pump, etc)...any of those failing while on the road (esp the water pump), could be catastrophic. Your 3.0l does have a turbo, could be that as well...You are correct the power steering is electric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roncad