2024 Tahoe cranks but doesn't start _SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rs1974

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Morning everyone - a curious issue with my 2024 Chevy Tahoe. The engine cranks rapidly but doesn't start And the truck doesn't allow for a lock/shutdown. The truck keeps pinging a key missing issue. I'm wondering if the engine isn't turning over because of an anti-theft issue?

Battery levels high. Gas tank nearly full.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s unusual. Sad you’re dealing with that on something practically new.

Maybe try doing a master reset (pulling battery cable for an hour or so to drain it of all power) then see if it starts normally afterwards. If it does then maybe it’s something in the antitheft area.

OP
OP
R

rs1974

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s unusual. Sad you’re dealing with that on something practically new.

Maybe try doing a master reset (pulling battery cable for an hour or so to drain it of all power) then see if it starts normally afterwards. If it does then maybe it’s something in the antitheft area.
Thanks much. I'm going to release the fuel pressure and see if that works and then I'll drain the battery.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, if you apply any throttle during the start, it will crank but no start...I had this happen to me at a car wash once, where they put the mat back in on top of the accelerator...went through the whole process of disconnecting the battery in the interior bay, etc...only to finally figure out they car wash guy put the mat back on top of the gas...

OP
OP
R

rs1974

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. I took the car to the dealer. they ran diagnostics and got a code which they had to look up. They said this is a known issue to Chevy, but there is no fix yet. The only temporary fix is to disconnect the battery, wait an hour wherever you are, so that the system resets. This is a very janky solution like something someone would do in the Soviet Union.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap