New guy. Refreshing an '06 Border Patrol Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
There. Now quit whining :p

It's not much to look at, which is the whole idea. No squat BS. It's mostly quiet. I'll likely get some 33s after these tires are done but that's a ways off. (Yes, we fixed the loose drain fitting on the caliper.)

There is just enough room in the back to fit me for camping.

I did 3d print some gizmos. The tray fits in the little glovebox. The hook for the cup holder that still holds a soda can. The door prop is a modified chip clip just velcro'd into place. I'm making a lightweight and removable gizmo set instead of overloading it with overpriced camping gear. Space is tight, but it needs to be usable.
This is real nice looking! What type of trails do you run or are they just dirt roads where clearance and traction are sometimes needed?

Do you know any good stories your truck was involved in prior to its pampered life with you?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
W

War_Pig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is real nice looking! What type of trails do you run or are they just dirt roads where clearance and traction are sometimes needed?

Do you know any good stories your truck was involved in prior to its pampered life with you?
They're just fire roads that cross some creeks here and there. This should get me over rutted roads comfortably and not beat me up too much. I don't quite trust a tent with bears, coyotes, mountain lions, and wild hogs in the southeast. The Georgia Traverse looks interesting and there's a lot of spots for overnight or weekend camping that I can reach after work.

Where to put deer is a bit of a conundrum. I don't want to slap a carcass where I'd be sleeping eventually.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
They're just fire roads that cross some creeks here and there. This should get me over rutted roads comfortably and not beat me up too much. I don't quite trust a tent with bears, coyotes, mountain lions, and wild hogs in the southeast. The Georgia Traverse looks interesting and there's a lot of spots for overnight or weekend camping that I can reach after work.

Where to put deer is a bit of a conundrum. I don't want to slap a carcass where I'd be sleeping eventually.
What about modifying one of those hitch mount cargo carriers? Most are rated up to 500lbs but a few are up to 700lbs. Should be plenty for a nice deer. Or just do as the backwoods folk do and strap it to the hood. Half will be cooked by the time you get it home and can be snacked on while camping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1