2024 Yukon XL AT4 or SLT with options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaffeinednNJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new here and glad I found this forum. I've been on the fence with regards to getting a Yukon XL AT4 or SLT with options. I love the look of the AT4, but the ride is going to bother the wife. Forking up $$ for the potential problematic Air suspension to make it softer doesnt make sense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bump in cost for the AT4 is essentially for the skid plate, AT Tires, and 2" lift. Has anyone gone the SLT route and added a lift kit with AT Tires where it didnt take away too much of the comfort?

TIA

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are any of those configurations uncomfortable?

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak for the AT4… but earlier this year we ordered a fully optioned 2024 XL SLT diesel w/ max trailering and the luxury/premium packages. I put 22” Michelin Defenders on them and they ride like butter.

The truck feels very tight and suspension definitely isn’t squishy. Feels somewhat firm to me.

BacDoc

Reaction score
How are any of those configurations uncomfortable?
I’m asking the same question. Air suspension is a wonderful thing in a new truck. My 2024 has the air suspension and it is beautiful smooth ride and when I hook up the trailer it levels perfectly with no sag.IMG_1368.jpeg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would find a local Dealer and go test drive some with different trim models and configurations, it may feel bumpy to some and not others, only you and your wife can decide.

NELLY1947

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new here and glad I found this forum. I've been on the fence with regards to getting a Yukon XL AT4 or SLT with options. I love the look of the AT4, but the ride is going to bother the wife. Forking up $$ for the potential problematic Air suspension to make it softer doesnt make sense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bump in cost for the AT4 is essentially for the skid plate, AT Tires, and 2" lift. Has anyone gone the SLT route and added a lift kit with AT Tires where it didnt take away too much of the comfort?

TIA
Jaycee and o must come from the same school. At 450 miles I got frid of the bridgestone tires and put on Michelin Defender gen 2 tires. They are fantastic. I don't care the speed from 10 to 110 hold the road like glue and smooth as silk. Just to note 1- the gen 2 should be the only thing available. 2- get a proper road force balance done. Cause if the tire is off Michelin will swap it out. No questions. 3- if you buy all 4 Michelin warranties the tires . I had a set with 25k on them that were wearing funny and they replaced them with a whole set. Charged minimum for the ware but I'll never drive on anything than Michelin.

As for the air ride it's well worth every cent.
If worried for defects buy the extended warr.

OP
OP
C

CaffeinednNJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ride is definitely smooth. The air ride was worth the squeeze. It's a large beast, but everyone is comfortable and love the extra space. Road trip in two weeks. Will see how it goes.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I can’t speak for the AT4… but earlier this year we ordered a fully optioned 2024 XL SLT diesel w/ max trailering and the luxury/premium packages. I put 22” Michelin Defenders on them and they ride like butter.

The truck feels very tight and suspension definitely isn’t squishy. Feels somewhat firm to me.
In your opinion how did your XL compare in features and cost wise to a similar diesel Suburban? I recently decided to retire my 2011 and get something with the diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crow