'21 YukonXL Denali-Click/Pop/Tick from wheel assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris01234567

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Evening folks. 2021 Yukon xl Denali 56k miles. For a while now I have noticed a loud what sounds like a “click” coming from the front right and left wheel assembly area. It happens when I drive for any distance then pull into driveway….its when I turn my wheel base to left or right at super low speed. It also happens when in idle or park….but only 1-2 times and then I cannot replicate the sound/click until I drive the car again. I can sit in driveway in park and turn steering wheel to the left and then right for 5 minutes straight and it won’t replicate the sound once it happens the first time….until I drive it again.

I found the tsb someone posted about cleaning the wheel mating face with scotch brite 7447 pad and brake cleaner then using super lube past around the “top hat” but that did NOT do a damn thing.

Anyone else have this same issue and what was the fix if so? I have a Certified Pre-Owned Powertrain warranty up until 100k miles.

Appreciate everyone’s feedback. These trucks are truly trash for the price.

blkfalc4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be similar....

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your truck have CV joints in the front drivetrain? They click when they start to fail and are most noticeable when turning at slow speed. It is low mileage for CV joints to fail on your truck, but if you have them, get them checked out. If the rubber boots on the CV joints get torn, the grease spins out of the joint.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chris01234567

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be similar....

Agree with you sir. Could be that same issue. My wheels are tight as can be with no wiggle when lifted on a jack. I also would think the click sound would continue happening each time I turned my wheel if it was indeed bearings going bad. Maybe not tho.

OP
OP
C

Chris01234567

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does your truck have CV joints in the front drivetrain? They click when they start to fail and are most noticeable when turning at slow speed. It is low mileage for CV joints to fail on your truck, but if you haver them, get them checked out. If the rubber boots on the CV joints get torn, the grease spins out of the joint.
I do have CV

NELLY1947

Reaction score
Evening folks. 2021 Yukon xl Denali 56k miles. For a while now I have noticed a loud what sounds like a “click” coming from the front right and left wheel assembly area. It happens when I drive for any distance then pull into driveway….its when I turn my wheel base to left or right at super low speed. It also happens when in idle or park….but only 1-2 times and then I cannot replicate the sound/click until I drive the car again. I can sit in driveway in park and turn steering wheel to the left and then right for 5 minutes straight and it won’t replicate the sound once it happens the first time….until I drive it again.

I found the tsb someone posted about cleaning the wheel mating face with scotch brite 7447 pad and brake cleaner then using super lube past around the “top hat” but that did NOT do a damn thing.

Anyone else have this same issue and what was the fix if so? I have a Certified Pre-Owned Powertrain warranty up until 100k miles.

It sounds like a wheel berring

It sounds like a wheel bearing or U joint bearing. Bring it in to the dealer. My 2019 had a right front wheel bearing fail at 30k

Silvertahoe22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Okay so I think I know what this is. I have a 2022 Tahoe LS. Front driver would do a louder pop usually only once when vehicle was freshly moved in the morning or at night when wheel was turned left or right. The dealership replaced both front hubs for the TSB mentioned below that wasn’t it and they cleaned the rotor hats also wasn’t it. The final solution ladies and gentleman the lower control arm was bent from the factory a new one in and no more noises. The local factory engineer had been to see it and they had replaced the upper control arm as well but it was the lower. Word of caution they did try to claim it wasn’t warranty because it was bent but we held firm we didn’t do it did this since new. Hope this helps and by the way you couldn’t tell the lower control arm was bent until it was out and in comparison to the new one. My guess GM put a bunch of out of tolerance lower control arms on and this is the result

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I think I know what this is. I have a 2022 Tahoe LS. Front driver would do a louder pop usually only once when vehicle was freshly moved in the morning or at night when wheel was turned left or right. The dealership replaced both front hubs for the TSB mentioned below that wasn’t it and they cleaned the rotor hats also wasn’t it. The final solution ladies and gentleman the lower control arm was bent from the factory a new one in and no more noises. The local factory engineer had been to see it and they had replaced the upper control arm as well but it was the lower. Word of caution they did try to claim it wasn’t warranty because it was bent but we held firm we didn’t do it did this since new. Hope this helps and by the way you couldn’t tell the lower control arm was bent until it was out and in comparison to the new one. My guess GM put a bunch of out of tolerance lower control arms on and this is the result
Which side lower control arm? Driver or passenger? I have the same exact type of pop on my ‘22 Yukon. Also, did your bumper to bumper warranty cover this or was it the powertrain warranty?

Here's what the sound that mine makes when turning(stationary or driving, happens at random times):

Last edited:

Silvertahoe22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which side lower control arm? Driver or passenger? I have the same exact type of pop on my ‘22 Yukon. Also, did your bumper to bumper warranty cover this or was it the powertrain warranty?

Here's what the sound that mine makes when turning(stationary or driving, happens at random times):

Driver lower control arm and I didn’t pay anything in the end not sure if GM owned up or the dealership ate it after the way they treated my wife I’m no longer going back to that place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24